Wicked

Poll  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a top 12 corps do a "Wicked" show?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Who would you want to do it?

• Cadets
    • Madison Scouts
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Devils
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • Spirit
    • Blue Knights
    • Cavaliers
    • Glassmen
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Other (Trooper, Colts, etc.)

This is funny, because I've been obsessed with this show for about a month. I had heard of it a little bit, then bought the soundtrack so I could see if there are any good songs on there that would be good to use for my 5th grade general music students at their spring concert. I've been wearing the CD out, seen clips of the show on youtube (not the bootleg ones), and have actually started reading Gregory Maguire's book. I DON'T READ BOOKS! lol

I voted for Carolina in the poll, I think it would fit them the best. Scouts would do great with it as well, but Wicked is a pretty girly musical. The two main characters are girls, meaning the best songs in there are girl songs. It's not like JC Superstar where just about all the main characters are guys, so it's full of good guy songs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be absolutely awesome.

I'd like to see it done ala' late '80s Vanguard ... Props, sets, and all.

"If only because dust is what we come to ..."

I dream about this show every day. That music is simply too good to waste by not marching to it. I believe Kennesaw Mountain High School did that show a few years ago, but I'd like to see a corps do it without cheesy "Which witch is which?" lines. And somewhere in there I'd put a small brass part of "Somewhere over the Rainbow," perhaps after some really loud and complex part. The only problem is that a certain corps might get angry that their corps song is being used by someone else.

Actually, I think this would be the perfect vehicle for a non-top 12 corps. My vote would be for Capital Regmient in 2008! I think some of hte corps on the bubble occasionally try to hard to be like finalist corps, and their programming choices leave something to be desired (not to be taken in any way as directed towards Capital Regiment). So why Capital Regmient? Simple. I think it could be a show that would accessible to the audience, and is somthing that may attract members to a corps that is trying to make a come back after a year off.

I vote yes, and SCV. It has the potential to be cheesy, but with great show design and arrangements, it would be off the hook. Think Madison 1999. :)

Wicked is nothing compared to Jesus Christ Superstar. I am surprised Wicked is so popular. It is a show with terrible lyrics and a weak score. Musicals I think would make great shows are:

+ Caroline, or Change (it should have won Best Musical)

+ Billy Elliot

+ Tanz der Vampire

+ Kristina

+ Ragtime

+ The Will Rogers Follies

On a side note: The score of Jerry Springer: The Opera is amazing, but I really don't think doing this show would be wise...maybe for VK.

Edited by gellio

I dream about this show every day. That music is simply too good to waste by not marching to it. I believe Kennesaw Mountain High School did that show a few years ago, but I'd like to see a corps do it without cheesy "Which witch is which?" lines. And somewhere in there I'd put a small brass part of "Somewhere over the Rainbow," perhaps after some really loud and complex part. The only problem is that a certain corps might get angry that their corps song is being used by someone else.

"Defy Gravity":

YES!!! I would LOVE to see this done. :doh:

Elphaba