March with Renegades in the SF Chinese New Year Parade

Just a note of THANKS to the Renegades and Greg, Ron, Corky, and Cassandra for the overwhelming hospitality on Saturday at site X and at the CNY Parade. It was wonderful to see familiar folks and acquire new friendships. My wife and daughter, along with the nearby spectators, were impressed when the Renegades marched by on Market Street. It's the biggest attended parade I've ever performed in..... Throughout the day I didn't see quite as many horse and buggies out there as we have here in the PA Dutch Country...... I felt honored to be a Renegade for a day. Thanks for the opportunity. Have a great season. See ya in Rochester.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fabulous having the Rentagades with us this weekend.

Hillarious! :ph34r:

As one of this weekend's 'Rentegades', I just want to say a big thanks to all - especially the low brass line. You guys were very welcoming and I had an awesome time!!!! I wish I could have stayed to party at Chevy's but RCR had camp on Sunday...

Edited by bigmyq

It was great to meet all of the out of towners! I'll post pictures some time later!

Dear Renegades....

We are finally home after flight delays due to the windy conditions in Newark. We landed in a snowstorm with 20 degree weather....where is the sun????? I wanna go back!

Seriously though...thank you all so much for your hospitality! Munson and Elaina gave us a quick tour of SF before rehearsal on Saturday - they took us down Lombard Street (DO NOT attempt while partaking of jello shots!) and to Coit (sp?) Tower for a wonderful view and lots of photos.....

Rehearsal was a blast, productive, laid back, and fun. Back to the city to get ready for the parade (thanks again Munson and Elaina) and then off to the parade! I have NEVER seen so many people at a parade....it was wild - but well run by the organizers.

Chevy's afterwards was also a blast! Those Anaheim "girls" are too much! We met many new friends and some old ones from DCP who welcomed us with open arms. It was my please to march next to Dwight from Reading in the Honor Guard...Dwight I am glad you and your family arrived home safely.

Thanks to Corkie for making me feel as though I have been marching with her forever and to Cassandra and Chaz for the ride back to the hotel after Chevy's. If I have the opportunity to visit with you all for next year's parade, I'll be there!

Hi Mar,

It was a great day for a parade ... wonderful weather, a huge crowd, and meeting lots of new drumcorps folks.

Hope I didn't I get you guys dizzy from driving up and down the hills of San Francisco.

Here're couple of pics:

sky2.jpg

cnyp1.jpg

B)

It was so nice to meet you Mary! It's funny but I just now figured out face to screenname :)