Classic Countdown Finalists

This is where I sound like a stick in the mud...I marched about 20 years ago. I loved my corps, and I loved the shows other corps did, but honestly, if given a choice, I would rather watch stuff from the last 5-7 years than stuff from when I marched--especially if its on the big screen AND I am paying to see it. The new era is just more exciting to me.

This is just how I feel......I know, I am asking for it, but its the way I feel.

Elmo Blatch

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Crown 06!!!!!

I hope it makes it to the big screen this year. It would be a great pay off for a summer of hard work and great people. However, I am a little biased. :)

My votes

89 Phantom Regiment

91 Star of Indiana

93 Star of Indiana

95 Cavaliers

00 Cavaliers

00 Cadets

02 Cavaliers

06 Carolina Crown

if given a choice, I would rather watch stuff from the last 5-7 years than stuff from when I marched--especially if its on the big screen AND I am paying to see it. The new era is just more exciting to me.

That's fair. One of the things that I thought was great about the past years was the chance to see the older shows in what I considered to be fairly optimal viewing conditions. I'd never have discovered 80 Bridgemen if it weren't for the decade restrictions.

Two points:

1. Since a corps can only appear once in the show, I think that it makes little sense to vote for multiple shows from one corps. Now, I might see voting for two out of the 5 or 4, but if you spread your vote, you are essentially voting for none of them. To that end, I would just like to request that everyone select Garfield 1987 as the Cadets's selection. We've already had 2000 and 1984, so for the sake of seeing something different (and seeing my favorite show ever), let's vote for 1987 Cadets. Also, I think it would be really cool if both 1987 Garfield and SCV made it so that the audience can get another look at one of the closest, most debated championship ever.

2. For those of you who are so convinced that we will only see the Big 7 (Mad., PR, SCV, BD, Cadets, Cavies, and Star), I think there is a real possibility that we might see all of those with only one show nominated. The reason is simply that the fans of that corps only have the one option. So I think we could very easily see the votes for SCV, Cadets, Cavies et al. be divided and lose out to the block voting of Crown, Glassmen, 27th and Bridgemen.

Any way it goes, it is going to be a very interesting vote!

And I do think that DCI should release the official vote totals.

SCV hands down! They showed some world championship drumming, while the Cadets didn't play a solo and got a perfect drum score. (I know, there's no "exposure to error", but come on!!)

My list is unexpectedly latter-year heavy... and I sadly lost my Cadets 98 vote. 05 is an interesting option; thus I picked it. I have much respect for Hopkins and Co. pushing the envelope, not that I would want to march there.

1988 Madison Scouts

1993 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils

1995 Madison Scouts

2000 The Cadets

2003 Phantom Regiment

2005 The Cadets

2006 Phantom Regiment

Well, here's who I voted for first;

For your records, here are your selections:

1974 Santa Clara Vanguard

1974 Kingsmen

1975 Santa Clara Vanguard

1977 Bridgeman

1979 Santa Clara Vanguard

1986 Blue Devils

1987 Velvet Knights

2004 The Cavaliers

Then a dose of reality. (I think they tallied these in Florida.)

I voted for the only ones I liked....... (not a lot to choose from IMO);

For your records, here are your selections:

1980 Bridgemen

1984 Garfield Cadets

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

2004 The Cavaliers

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

2005 Phantom Regiment

2006 Phantom Regiment

My votes:

1993 Star of Indiana

1994 Blue Devils (My favorite show...)

1995 Madison Scouts

1996 Phantom Regiment

2000 The Cadets

2002 The Cavaliers

2005 Phantom Regiment

2006 Phantom Regiment

For those of you who have never seen the 2001 Glassmen please Vote for the Glassmen. This was a great show and this is my official post to beg for your vote...LOL :)

Here are my votes...

1980 Bridgemen

1988 Madison Scouts

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

1989 Phantom Regiment

1991 Star of Indiana

1993 Star of Indiana

2001 Glassmen

2006 The Cavaliers