Santa Clara 06 Music

Been listening to my 06 finals cd alot lately and just cant seem to get enough of SCVs show. When I first got the CD, I was immediately drawn to Crowns show. But man, Vanguard played some really cool music. Ending hit in the opener with the percussion lick is just killer. :drool:

Question is, where is the love for SCV 06?

Favorite music from the 12 finalists is:

Crown

Bluecoats

Vanguard

As a whole, the first 2006 Finals CD is terrible, and Vanguard's amp problems were atrocious. That said, it's still some great music, especially the opener and the closer. I get chills thinking about that Vanguard yell...what a great tradition.

It's a cool show, but the amp problems they had... and the poor quality on CD 1 overall... kind of mar it for me.

CD#1 is of terrible quality compared to #2. For me, it still didnt take away from the music. I never marched but from a fan standpoint only the music that moves me the most were from corps that finished outside the top 3. Although PR was great.

Crown, Bluecoats, SCV, BK (closer), Cadets shows just do it for me.

SSHH!! Amp problems promote innovation....and without it the activity would die!!! :P

That could also be the mic locations. Something I've noticed is that pits always sound way too loud on video but not in person and that is because of where the mic's are located. Personally I wish they would move the mic's to the back of the field where the sound would be more balanced. Plus that is where they are aiming to play, with members way outside of the 30's I doubt the mic would pick them up as much compared to if the mic's were located in the back.

It's a cool show, but the amp problems they had... and the poor quality on CD 1 overall... kind of mar it for me.

w/Stp:

I love it. For me, it was my favorite show to see live at Quaterfinals. The crappy cds don't do it justice.