Camp Updates

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs a strong doese of reality. To be competing at the D1 level and to have a mere 30 horns at this late date is a MAJOR problem.

Also, if I was a DCI spponsor and had to pay D1 guarantees for a corps of this size and stature, I would be screaming bloody murder! Someone should have hit that panic button back in November! It will be very interesting to see how many members they actually hit the field with and how they finish the season. For their members sake, I wish them well.

And now, for the DCP masses, Drum corps camp madlibs!

things are going awesome at "I'm Anna Nicole Smith's Baby Daddy" Drum and Bugle Corps(corps name), and judging by the turnout at the last camps and the show and tell on sunday, we're well on our way to (making finals/breaking into the top six/winning another title) in 2007. Donny Wahlberg (name of instructor) is making up for the loss of The Artist formerly know as Prince. (name of former instructor) and the kids are really enjoying working under him. Rick James (name of brass caption head) put together another great brass book and Don Juan(name of visual designer/program coordinator) was there to let the kids know where he's thinking of taking The Life and Time's of Menudo(name of show) from a concept and visual standpoint. by the end of the weekend the brassline had 27(number of minutes of show completed) of the show music, and the percussion will have the same amount completed by the next camp. spring is shaping up nicely in Anchorage, Alaska(corps homewtown) and we're looking forward to our first show on December 3rd(date of corps' first show)

Someone needs a strong doese of reality. To be competing at the D1 level and to have a mere 30 horns at this late date is a MAJOR problem.

Also, if I was a DCI spponsor and had to pay D1 guarantees for a corps of this size and stature, I would be screaming bloody murder! Someone should have hit that panic button back in November! It will be very interesting to see how many members they actually hit the field with and how they finish the season. For their members sake, I wish them well.

Perhaps they would have a few more horn players, if not for people like you.

I have seen enough of your campaign of negativity against Pioneer on this board. It is unlike anything I've ever seen on DCP. A search of your posts reveals that half of your time in this forum is spent taking potshots at this one corps. I have two questions for you:

1. What did Pioneer do to you to inspire this obsessive hatred? Did they edge out your corps for a division II or III title? Bump you out of semifinals? Did Roman Blenski marry your high-school sweetheart? Let it go, already!

2. Do you honestly expect us to take your arguments seriously when you continually single out Pioneer? Think about it. Mandarins have had 30 horns in February, and you didn't jump all over them. Even today, 30 horns is 30 more than what Esperanza is currently rehearsing, and yet you choose to criticize Pioneer and Pioneer only. The instant Pioneer is mentioned in this forum, you can count on Morganhill to vomit all over the thread. Your past posts have cast aspersions about their administration and toed the line of personal attacks. Yet, when another corps had a management upheaval, you said "It's an internal problem and absolutely NONE of anyone elses business!"

Looking forward to seeing you follow your own advice.

I have noticed the exact same thing, and this has been going on for quite some time. I think it's rather bizarre that someone spends so much time picking on one particular corps, yet he supposedly "wishes them well." Hmmm....

I'm sure we aren't the only ones who have noticed this either. Someone needs to find a more productive way to spend their time I think. If he is so concerned about Pioneer's numbers, why doesn't he try to help them recruit instead of bashing them every possible chance???

Just my 2 cents.

They probably got cut from the corps...or as many people on this site, have never marched before, so they pick on certain corps because heck, let's just go after who some would think as the obvious choice.

That's my favorite part of DCP, let's just rip on things, but let's not have the gonad's to even give a hint as to what our experience is...well in most cases I would imagine is a lack of experience...but hey, you don't need experience to have a bad attitude, just a chip on your shoulder from those years that probably weren't marched.

Man, am I judgemental or what!

I have seen enough of your campaign of negativity against Pioneer on this board. It is unlike anything I've ever seen on DCP. A search of your posts reveals that half of your time in this forum is spent taking potshots at this one corps. I have two questions for you:

1. What did Pioneer do to you to inspire this obsessive hatred? Did they edge out your corps for a division II or III title? Bump you out of semifinals? Did Roman Blenski marry your high-school sweetheart? Let it go, already!

2. Do you honestly expect us to take your arguments seriously when you continually single out Pioneer? Think about it. Mandarins have had 30 horns in February, and you didn't jump all over them. Even today, 30 horns is 30 more than what Esperanza is currently rehearsing, and yet you choose to criticize Pioneer and Pioneer only. The instant Pioneer is mentioned in this forum, you can count on Morganhill to vomit all over the thread. Your past posts have cast aspersions about their administration and toed the line of personal attacks. Yet, when another corps had a management upheaval, you said "It's an internal problem and absolutely NONE of anyone elses business!"

ok, well i even decided to go back and check some of his old posts, but i didnt notice that he bashes pioneer as much as you guys are making it out to be....sure there were a few posts but he does have a variety of opinons on other matters also that he posts about. but based on a lot of his posts i assume he has some relation with the Troopers, guessing marched there?? so maybe that would lead to some obvious biased opinions (what like no one has biased opinions based on corps they marched against?!?). i think accusing him of having a personal vendetta with Pioneer might be a bit extreme though...but maybe you're reading more between the lines then I am. I guess i figured its just not that deep :blink:

I agree he has a major bias against Pioneer but he makes some very valid points. 30 horns now and one of their staff people saying that was an increase is scary if you are a Div I corps!

Scary, sure. But not something to panic about honestly. Having marched KK for a number of years, it's something bottom tier Div 1's generally have to deal with. Often times our camp numbers were that low or lower because of conflicts and having to recruit from so many different regions. Unlike a top 12 corps where you can tell somewhere be there or we'll cut you, often you find yourselves being more easy going about attendance because you simply need the member numbers. It's just a part of some corps that you may not have everyone together until the last week of all days even, and then still be trying to pick up a few more horn/guard members in the first 2 weeks of tour. So, really, I wouldn't worry about Pioneer yet. If anything, push them a guard member or horn player and say you did your drum corps good deed for the day.