Tarnished Mouthpieces

WoobieATL

I got some great Shilke's, some Conn's and a few Yamahas, as well as one Canadian Brass mouthpiece. How would you go to take off the tarnish?

Thanks!

wright's silver polish, available in most supermarkets in a 7 oz. squeeze bottle for less than $3.

it's non-toxic and does a great job on light to medium tarnish buildup. if the tarnish is really heavy then you need the high powered stuff (wright's silver cream, comes in a plastic jar but is toxic and therefore trickier to use) i polish my horns and mouthpieces about once every 2 months and wear gloves when playing, and the liquid polish works just fine for me.

Tarnish invariably ruins all brass and mouthpieces. I recommend you place them in a box and donate them to the Renegades Drum and Bugle Corps.

::sarcasm mode off::

LOL

Of course...time wears down brass instruments in general. Particularly after the first couple of years, horns lose their ability to produce the great volume required for drum corps.

Fortunately, RCR can take care of those horns. Renegades can get the mouthpieces, but we can recycle your horns.

What would DC be without a friendly Nor Cal rivalry! B)

Tarnish invariably ruins all brass and mouthpieces. I recommend you place them in a box and donate them to the Renegades Drum and Bugle Corps.

::sarcasm mode off::

LOL

Of course...time wears down brass instruments in general. Particularly after the first couple of years, horns lose their ability to produce the great volume required for drum corps.

Fortunately, RCR can take care of those horns. Renegades can get the mouthpieces, but we can recycle your horns.

What would DC be without a friendly Nor Cal rivalry! B)

I presume RCR is going after a Yamaha sponsorship for shiny new Bb's for next year!

I'll just keep my old "G" Bugles:)