Drum Corps Classics

Favorite senior corps of all time: Frontier (yeah I'm Biased, but it's the only one I'm comfortably familiar with so far)

Favorite junior corps: Phantom Regiment

Favorite Tune: Adagio for Strings, Buccs

Favorite Uniform: Buccs

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for earlier in the season, but I'm pretty sure the lone soprano echo effect was in Hawthorne's version by the end. I believe it's on the DCA Finals -- recording unless it's the Rockets' version I'm recalling! If so, it certainly wouldn't be my first inaccurate recollection!

There's a good chance it was added later. Many revisions were made to that '72 show during the season. I know the opener was revamped after the season started, and the concert was changed from "Siboney" to a new version of "Sabre Dance" which we kept through the 1973 (undefeated) season.

Hi John:

We did not play the soprano effect in 1972 in Patton. As we went backfield, it was basically baritones playing. As we turned back the entire horn line played to the stands as we came across the field. I believe before the season started , the soprano effect was in but was removed . You are correct as far as the show being revamped with the OTL revised. The OTL was a medley of a Kerchner original, Portrait of a Dying Matador (?) and Captain from Castille. Siboney was replaced by Sabre Dance. It was a very wild and dynamic season to say the least.

Edited by cabalumsw

• 3 months later...

Hey gang,

1980 Guardsmen "Greensleeves"

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard "Phantom of the Opera"

Two great shows. They both give me goosebumps and motivate me to play better every day!!!

[/quo

Absolutely,

1980 Guardsmen "Seahawk" is probably one of the most underrated openers. I absolutely loved it!

Gotta throw in

Spirit's "Georgia"