Looking for some history on 2 valve piccolo sopranos

Madison Scouts used a 2 valve pic in Stars and Stripes for the piccolo solo.

I've heard that it was "missing."

Yes Cozy......the very same Piccolo that I own. If I remember correctly, you borrowed that from me as well!!!

Frank,

Yep, I did get some good use out of it when you asked me to pick it up from Cincy Glory at the end of their '99 tour. When I saw you in Plymouth, later, I returned it to you. Hated to "lose" it.

If any divorcing women want to sell me a picc for $100, call me. Keep your grief and anger; I have dealt with enough, but I'd love a good deal. Well, make it $99. I want to top Ponzo's deal. :drool:

• 6 years later...

I'm pretty sure Bucs used one in 2001 in their Bernstein show.

Yes, I did play the piccolo in this show.

There was concern that I could not use my Schilke G1L-4, as only contras were allowed to have 4 valves.

I ordered a Schilke G1L (3v) with a Beryllium #5 bell, and used a modified Schilke 14 mouthpiece with a throat opened to 0.252". I could have used my DEG 2V piccolo but the Schilke's bore of 0.450" was bigger and played as freely as my G1L-4.

I bet you don't have one of these... This is only the second 3 valve G Picc that Kanstul made. The slotting and intonation is unbelievable.

end_of_year__06_007.jpg

Why am I not surprised that you have decent pictures of the horn...?

I believe Frank Ponzo of the Cabs used one in '95 in the solo in Malaguena.

I sure did!!

AND...I still have that little sucka!!!

Cincinnati Glory borrowed a 2-v picc to use in '99.

They sure did....and it was my horn they borrowed!

AND...I still have that little sucka!! LOL

Cincinnati Glory borrowed a 2-v picc to use in '99.

WOW.....I jsut realized this post was from Cozy!!

Man do I miss him!!!

WOW.....I jsut realized this post was from Cozy!!

Man do I miss him!!!

:ph34r:

I ALMOST missed this Frank..Looks like CRS disease has started setting in..

I miss him too, especially because HE didn't get to see Brass win the show in '11..

Sorry I won't get to Downington, but I hope to run into (or over or through)you in Annapolis..Keep up the good work with the Cabs..I'm seriously stoked!!

Pat

Larrie Dastrup has used one just about every year that Renegades have been at DCA.

Yeah, he let me hold it once when they practiced at my high school the week before finals (idr if it was in 2002, 2003 or 2004). My friends and I were geeking out over it all season (we didn't know such a thing existed before).

:ph34r:/>

I ALMOST missed this Frank..Looks like CRS disease has started setting in..

I miss him too, especially because HE didn't get to see Brass win the show in '11..

Sorry I won't get to Downington, but I hope to run into (or over or through)you in Annapolis..Keep up the good work with the Cabs..I'm seriously stoked!!

Pat

Hey Pat...unfortunately, I will NOT be in Downingtown either. Although it is our "off" weekend, I have plans to go back to Long Island for the weekend.

Saw a video of MBI on the DCI Fan Network. Nice show!!! :worthy:

Yeah....would have been GREAT for Cozy to be part of your championship season...he waited SO long for that!

Hope to run in to you at DCA's as well!!