Most sacred drum corps entity

Jofus

The 1989 Phantom Regiment baritone section was once referred to as sound like a "fleet of Buicks" and the name has been with the section ever since then.

MG

NOPE happened after 89, maybe around 95, or 96.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandt Crocker's Voice.

-end of discussion-

Yes... totally. Wow, you win. I was reading along going "ehh alright yeah sorta" or "ehh not really" but when you say this, "YES!"

Yes... totally. Wow, you win. I was reading along going "ehh alright yeah sorta" or "ehh not really" but when you say this, "YES!"

Umm..there is no "right" or "wrong" answer here because everybody has their own experiences, I think that's what this thread is about, sharing their experiences of their most sacred drum corps entity.

To you it might be the announcer guy, to me it might be a piece of my equipment that I earned.

Well, if I interpreted the original post correctly - it seems that this topic is geared more towards what the activity as a whole would regard in the highest esteem.

On that note individual corps stuff probably won't hit the mark - I treasure my corps jacket and my dog tag - but they don't mean a hill of beans to someone from another corps. Sure, you can say that every corps treasures their corps jackets, but that even seems to be stretching the motivation behind the original post.

Some of the better ones I've seen so far include: Brandt Crocker's voice (he's the man), the DCI championship trophy (shameless plug), and perhaps a stadium such as Allentown (okay, not mentioned before).

That said, it might be possible to make an argument for an extremely old tradition that is well known, even though it is focused on a particular corps - but it has to garner near universal respect.

My examples of that would include the Cadets singing Holy Name (longest running Div 1 corps, and a really old tradition), or Blue Star drill (most corps do it, but we named it after them - BS drill is great because it really helps pull the corps together...more of a survival type of experience than anything).

Georgia on My Mind is important to Spirit in a totally different way than Salvation. I wouldnt choose one over the other as most significant, but Georgia has never made me cry. Georgia doesnt represent (in my mind) what Salvation does to the corps. Georgia is layin' it out there and hypin' it up. Georgia is playing loud and groovin'. It is a nod to our history and it keeps us tied to our roots. No matter what we field, a Spirit hornline will always be able to swing like that.

Salvation is something else entirely. I really cant describe what it does to me.

beyond the corps songs, my deltas are pretty durn important to me, too. each one of us EARNED those. it is a universially recognized symbol (cymbal... ;-) ) of membership. most corps have their own deals, and i think they are all important to each corps.

this thread has been neat to read, i must say. it is kind of cool to step outside of your corps and see what everyone else holds near and dear.

This thread is definitely a great one.

I can't get away from this baby with a handbag! It's like he's following me!

DCI to me IS Brandt Crocker's Voice. My first live corps show was 96 and there is nothing like the sound of his voice saying "Live on the field, from......." Good Times!

b**bs That is him visiting his grandma's (his grandma's handbag). I can change the picture if you like. :P

I have had the honor of meeting Brandt Cocker he IS like a God in DCI I'm not taking anything away from him. I think people get what I was saying.

Edited by Lancerlady