Whoa...weird Star of Indiana 1990 thing

The original recordings and pbs broadcast were correct. The problem was that when DCI remastered the tapes for the VHS version of the Historical Series, that 5 seconds somehow got skipped over. On the Legacy Collection DVDs, the problem was corrected. So, if you are using the VHS Copies as reference (the remakes), then that is where your problem is.

The original recordings and pbs broadcast were correct. The problem was that when DCI remastered the tapes for the VHS version of the Historical Series, that 5 seconds somehow got skipped over. On the Legacy Collection DVDs, the problem was corrected. So, if you are using the VHS Copies as reference (the remakes), then that is where your problem is.

So if I have the original 1990 VHS then there shouldn't be a problem. I've watched it plenty of times and never seen anything strange about it.

My original PBS broadcast taped from WOSU was not correct. I've heard that show from the side lines many times in '90 and hated that the PBS broadcast was missing 5 or so seconds of my favorite non Cavalier show of the year... I purchased the Star Anthology DVD a couple of years ago, and the missing time is back.

Edited by jjeffeory

Darn, everyone is concerned about 5 seconds of missing Star music. In my mind I am missing 13 years worth of Star shows. :(

At least us alumni are still kicking. See signature.

I was just about to say that the previous claims in the thread did not make sense. I had a videotape of the PBS broadcast and the Star show on the live broadcast matched the one on my Legacy DVD. As well, I had a few bootleg audio recordings of that show from that summer and nothing appears to be missing...? Strange. I also have the 1990 top 12 audio tapes and the music seems the same... This show is my all-time favorite drum corps show, so I've watched and listened to it more times than I can remember over the years.

Edited by Tekneek