If the Internet had been around "back in the day"

Skyliners are playing 'Ritual Fire Dance' off the line? NO! NO! They're gonna be just like dem dere 'Buck an Ear' corps!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, you could infer that Westshoremen's and Steel City Ambassadors' pushes toward a DCA flag in the mid 1980's were the first "western" challenges to the DCA dominance...

Geez never thought of us being part of the Western fringe of DCA.

Tough enough holding down the Southern Border after the Yankee Rebels broke up... B)

1975 - Who the #### is Rochester Phoenix and how did they come in 5th at DCA. :doh:

don't you mean why did they get screwed out of 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
OK, amps, vocals, finances, corps folding are the topics today that generate a lot of heat and posts.

Pick some events from DCs past that would have kicked off the flames and filled up the servers with posts.......

Two to start

1966 American Legion Championships - did the drum sticks really fly????

1975 - Who the #### is Rochester Phoenix and how did they come in 5th at DCA. :lookaround:

in 1966 at the american legion nationals the skyliners did in fact start throwing sticks. joe genero kicked the golden drum he was so mad. the hurcs blocked the exit and played there show right there so nobo0dy could leave. everybody thought that there own corps had one. what a mess. i was in rochester crusaders & we were in between those corps. what a mess but it was fun.

in 75 that was a true quote. joe genero said it. i laughed so hard. at the finals i explained to him what phoenix was. he was flabergasted. phoenix actually came in 4th in the prelims and beat the hurcs which is what prompted the quote.

• 3 weeks later...
What is with all this grounding of some percussion equipment...... or "the Pit" as it's being called.

I mean.... what is the problem with four people carrying huge tympani around the field?

Fran

Thank you Fran! :worthy:

Wait! I see in your signature that you played in the pit. Why didn't you just say, "No thanks, I'll have my tymp to go..." :P

• 3 weeks later...
Can you believe they called that their concert? They were MOVING the formation around through more than half of it! This is the beginning of the end!

:doh: Wait a minute...begining of the end or is it the end of the begining..that there classic music all sounds the same...and what the, da flags aint flags, dere rags... :ph34r: