Classic Countdown

Ok, so now that the voting is over and all we can do is wait, it occurred to me that I could very well show up at the theater and see 8 shows that would not include any of my favorites. And while I'm all for supporting drum corps in all of its formats, I just really hope that my worst fears aren't realized.

So I thought what would be the worst case scenario for the Classic Countdown? Using the same rules as the Classic Countdown (i.e. one show per corps) I came up with my worst case scenario, but I wonderd what combination of shows would be least fulfilling, entertaining, etc. for others? Here's mine:

1975 Madison

1980 27th Lancers

1980 Bridgemen

1989 SCV

1996 Phantom

2000 Cadets (the show I consider the greatest threat to the one show that I really want to make it, 1987 Garfield)

2003 Blue Devils

2006 Cavies (Hated it last year and don't really suspect that it has grown on me since)

Most of these selections are based simply on the fact thatthey've already been showcased in the Classic Countdown and it's time that other, equally worthy shows get their moments.

Worst case scenario to me is all corps that have been featured on CC before. Kind of defeats the purpose in my book.

Worst case scenario to me is all corps that have been featured on CC before. Kind of defeats the purpose in my book.

I agree. I already have both of the countdowns on DVD, i dont want to see the same shows again.

Wow. I'm sorry, I don't want to be the troll here, but really the worst case scenario is the movie theatre projector doesn't work.

What if you were one of those people who marched in one of those shows that you considered a worst case scenario?

Yes, some shows are more entertaining than others, but if I get to watch drum corps in a theatre with my popcorn and it's not a million degrees, I'm game.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

1975 Madison Scouts - Would much rather see '95.

1980 27th Lancers - Call me a newb and whatnot, but I just don't enjoy old school shows as much because of the limited visual program. Not a knock against the performers or the designers, but the activity was just a different beast back then.

1980 Bridgemen - See above.

1983 Garfield Cadets - My least favorite of the Cadets shows on the countdown list (which doesn't mean I think this show sucks... Quite the opposite. I would just love to see Appalachian Spring in the theater)

1991 Star of Indiana - Rather have '93

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard - Don't really like this show... plus, I'd hate to miss out on '89.

2006 The Cavaliers - I think everyone on this forum knows how I feel about the Cavaliers, so I'll just leave it at that.

2006 Phantom Regiment - Meh. This show never did anything for me.

What if you were one of those people who marched in one of those shows that you considered a worst case scenario?

I'd be d*** proud that my show was listed as one of the top 30 in drum corps history.

Allow me to clarify. When I say worst case scenario, I mean simply from my perspective for what I would like to see in the theater. I think we all would agree (and in fact I believe I specifically said) that I'm just happy to go see Drum Corps in the theater and I'll gladly support the activity regardless of which shows were selected. And to say that the 8 shows I've selected as the worst case scenario is not necessiraly a dig at those shows (except for my comment about the 2006 Caview show). In fact, the majority of the shows I selected was simply because they've already been shown. I like virtually all of the shows that made the Top 30 and can see how they made the cut as the Top 30, I simply would rather see the others over the 8 that I selected as my worst case scenario.

Wow. I'm sorry, I don't want to be the troll here, but really the worst case scenario is the movie theatre projector doesn't work.

Yes, some shows are more entertaining than others, but if I get to watch drum corps in a theatre with my popcorn and it's not a million degrees, I'm game.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Worst case scenario is that I can't go for some stupid reason like getting stuck in traffic.

Let's see - drum corps in the offseason on a huge screen surrounded by a bunch of enthusiastic fans blown away by larger speakers than would ever fit inside any room in my house. Yup, I am planning on being there.

And a question for those of you who are considering not going because you may have seen some of these groups before - is that really the way you choose all of your entertainment choices? Original content only? Never seen a movie more than once, never watch a rerun on TV, don't even want to subscribe to cable because it is mostly repeats? Never watch sports on TV - they keep showing those darn replays. Never watch the news, there is so much taped content. Don't own a VCR, DVD player or TiVo. Really?

2006 The Cavaliers - I think everyone on this forum knows how I feel about the Cavaliers, so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't. DO tell! b**bs

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard - Don't really like this show...

What?? How can you not like the greatest opener of all time????

:P