Bayonne Arts Factory

Sounds like that may be a really fun place to go after Saturday practices.

This may soon end up in the topic that's in discussions about drum corps hang outs!!!

Can't wait to stop in.

Hey, if we mention your name do we get a free beverage :) !!!

Water :P

j/k

Could this be the "new" V?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water :P

j/k

Could this be the "new" V?

do its bathrooms work?

if they do that immediately disqualifies it. :blink:

Scott Wendholt, trumpet/flugel

You know the music scene there much better than me. I'd love to see any of the folks you mentioned or see if Rotondi and others might want to play your Arts Factory. If you ever see Rotondi, Ries (enjoyed partying with Ries between sets in L'ville), Wendholt, et al., please tell 'em Cozy says hello. 'Twas great to see them at Jamey Aebersold jazz camps.

Yuengling on tap?! Now, I must go!

Scott was at IU when I was an undergrad, along with Shawn Pelton and Bob Hurst.

Cozy, might be stopping by to see your cuz David in Bloomington on my way out west - I'll tell him you said hey.

Dennis, your venture sounds very cool. Wish I was sticking around to check it out and partake, but maybe I can make a special west coast guest appearance someday after I get settled in on the other coast and get back on my feet again.

Scott was at IU when I was an undergrad, along with Shawn Pelton and Bob Hurst.

Cozy, might be stopping by to see your cuz David in Bloomington on my way out west - I'll tell him you said hey.

Dennis, your venture sounds very cool. Wish I was sticking around to check it out and partake, but maybe I can make a special west coast guest appearance someday after I get settled in on the other coast and get back on my feet again.

Sara,

Thanks for jogging my memory - Yep, Scott Wendholt went to IU. Small world that he was there at the same time as you. Tiffany, too? PM me with your latest plans. Where are you setting up roots now?

Please say "hi" to cuz David Baker. Haven't seen him since he did a gig in Dayton, OH, at Sinclair College. I used to enjoy his theory classes 'n all that jazz! I hadn't been taxed that much since my ol' days with Miss Kuehfus, and she wasn't into jazz. She talked classical and how manure piles on farms in Germany designated wealth. (Long story.)

So much talent in the Bayonne, Brooklyn, etc., area. I'd like to go to the Arts Factory, Vanguard....

The Arts Factory is right on Avenue E near the corner of 23rd street. It really is a great place and making it the new "V" (yes, the bathrooms work...and smell pretty darn clean too, I might add) would be a splendid plan! :)

Right by the light rail. :) Maybe Ill drop by.

Do they have a chef for the kitchen yet?? :wub:

Right by the light rail. :) Maybe Ill drop by.

Do they have a chef for the kitchen yet?? :wub:

Hey, is this the building on the side of the street going north? It was the Ukranian Catering Hall or something like that? Across from the YMCA?

Tommy

Sounds Like a place I will have to see... Good Luck with it... Yuengling huh sounds like a plan...

I agree!

My mom's side of my family grew up in Bayonne.... the main homestead of the Hogan clan was on Silver Street, not far from the Venice. My godmother still lives in the city....uptown.

Haven't been to Bayonne in years. One of these days I gotta take Barbara there to show her around...great memories from there. The Arts Factory sounds like a good place to hang out for a while!

Fran

Hey Guys,

Yes, this is the 'old' Ukranian Hall on 23rd Street. When you see the renovations inside, you won't remember what was there before, that's for sure!

Fran, let me know when you are stopping in! The first round's on me!

It is still under much construction, but check out our website for info on who's coming in this month:

www.arts-factory.com

You won't be disappointed!

Peace,

Dennis

Hey All!

Just wanted to update and tell you that our website is up:

www.arts-factory.com

Vinnie Cutro and The New York City Soundscape were in last night burning up the place! They return tonight, 10pm-1am, with Scott Reeves on Trombone and AltoFlugelhorn!

He is an AMAZING player!

Tomorrow night, Grammy award winning pianist Mike De Lorenzo from 7-10pm.

Peace,

Dennis