Bayonne Arts Factory

Hey All!

I just wanted to take a moment to share in an exciting venture I am involved with. There is a new Performing Arts space open in Bayonne (my hometown and where I still live!) called the Arts Factory. We will be putting on Musicals, Dramas, concerts, comedy shows, etc. in our 250 seat Theater/performing arts space, and in addition we are providing live entertainment in our bar/lounge! This coming Friday and Saturday nights we will be hosting the Vinnie Cutro Ensemble! If you never heard Vinnie play, it is well worth the trip to Bayonne! The music is from 10pm to 1am, but the Bar is open for business at 7pm and we close at 2am. Sunday night from 7-10 pm, Grammy Award pianist Michael DeLorenzo will be in the house! There is no cover and no minumum! Other artists we will have in soon include: Spirit of Life Ensemble, Bob DeVos, Bradford Hayes, Gradie Stone, Willy Dalton, Sarah Jane Cion, Bob Ferrell, Erick Storkman, Ben Williams, Matt Bilyk, Joel Perry, Jack Broad, Roseanna Vitro and Jerry Niewood!

We have great beers on tap and offer a fine selection of libations! There is no food, yet, in our fare, but it will be part of our offerings soon. For further information, please call 201-436-6700. Our address is:

Arts Factory

280 Avenue E

Bayonne, NJ 07002

It is very easy to get to from the NJ Tpke and the 21st Street light rail station, for all you mass commuters, is one block away. Our website is under construction, but please keep your eyes out for:

www.arts-factory.com

Hope you can come out and enjoy some great music in a great space!

Peace,

Dennis

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like that may be a really fun place to go after Saturday practices.

This may soon end up in the topic that's in discussions about drum corps hang outs!!!

Can't wait to stop in.

Hey, if we mention your name do we get a free beverage :)!!!

Sounds Like a place I will have to see... Good Luck with it... Yuengling huh sounds like a plan...

Sounds Like a place I will have to see... Good Luck with it... Yuengling huh sounds like a plan...

\

Congrats Dennis!

I just wanted to take a moment to share in an exciting venture I am involved with. There is a new Performing Arts space open in Bayonne (my hometown and where I still live!) called the Arts Factory. We will be putting on Musicals, Dramas, concerts, comedy shows, etc. in our 250 seat Theater/performing arts space, and in addition we are providing live entertainment in our bar/lounge! This coming Friday and Saturday nights we will be hosting the Vinnie Cutro Ensemble! If you never heard Vinnie play, it is well worth the trip to Bayonne! The music is from 10pm to 1am, but the Bar is open for business at 7pm and we close at 2am. Sunday night from 7-10 pm, Grammy Award pianist Michael DeLorenzo will be in the house! There is no cover and no minumum! Other artists we will have in soon include: Spirit of Life Ensemble, Bob DeVos, Bradford Hayes, Gradie Stone, Willy Dalton, Sarah Jane Cion, Bob Ferrell, Erick Storkman, Ben Williams, Matt Bilyk, Joel Perry, Jack Broad, Roseanna Vitro and Jerry Niewood!

We have great beers on tap and offer a fine selection of libations!

www.arts-factory.com

Peace,

Dennis

Dennis,

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. On a small-town basis, I was on the board of the non-profit Baum Opera House. Translated, that means I got to shovel pigeon poop and provide a place for our Mirage Drum Corps to practice in the early days, but it meant so much two years later when we brought in a playhouse theatre group. I played there a few times, an added plus for me.

Living in Dixie has its ups and downs. One downer is the lack of jazz. Jazz Factory in Huntsville, where my cuz plays a lot, is the closest.

I wish I could just stroll into a place like you describe above so easily. I know a few of the names you list. Here are a few folks I've seen live, enjoyed in clinics, etc. Most of the dudes are based in the NYC area. I'd love to walk into your Arts Factory and hear their wonderful music again.

Jim Rotondi, NTSU, trumpeter on a Connstellation trumpet. I still have my beloved horn.

Barry Ries, NTSU, trumpet/flugel/drums. Lives in Boston, often in NYC.

Scott Wendholt, trumpet/flugel

Jim Snidero, alto sax. Eric Alexander, Joe Lovano, tenor sax

Steve Davis, Sara Julian, trbn

David Hazeltine, Richie Beirach, Michael Cochrane, Kenny Werner, Mike LeDonne, ivory

Peter Washington, Francis Moutin, Dennis Irwin, Drew Gress, Tony Scherr, bass

Joe Farnsworth, Billy Drummond, Yoron Israel, Kenny Washington, Adam Watson, Barry Ries, drums

Dave Berkman, Fender Rhodes

Dick Sisto, vibes

You know the music scene there much better than me. I'd love to see any of the folks you mentioned or see if Rotondi and others might want to play your Arts Factory. If you ever see Rotondi, Ries (enjoyed partying with Ries between sets in L'ville), Wendholt, et al., please tell 'em Cozy says hello. 'Twas great to see them at Jamey Aebersold jazz camps.

Yuengling on tap?! Now, I must go!

Edited by CozyChopsCom

Cozy,

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes!

This kind of facility is long overdue in Bayonne and I am proud to be a part of it! Hopefully it is here for my children and their children long after I am gone!

Hope to see you soon!

Check out the websites of this weekends' performers:

Appearing Friday 3/2 and Saturday 3/3 - 10pm to 1am- Vinnie Cutro

www.vinniecutro.com

Appearing Sunday 3/4 - 7-10pm - Mike Di Lorenzo

www.keepthegroove.com

Also, coming soon:

www.arts-factory.com

Stay in touch with upcoming gigs and performances!

Thanks again!

Peace,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis Argul

Hey Dennis! There will be thousands of drum corps fans in Bridgemen-land the night of June 23rd.

Seems a good idea to have something special lined up at the Arts Factory.

To woo travelers who'd appreciate a good meal, drinks, and entertainment before or after the show!

Say, what's the cross street: Avenue E and what Street?

Bnr_Bmen_TOS07_DCP.gif