Finally getting an iPod.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple, you can copy the images off of DCI's season pass.

Truth!! I have one, and love it!

Me too, it needs a firmware update though, and I seem to have lost my sync adapter... <**>

Nice, I have 12 GB of DCI Shows! (Most shows from 1978 to 2006, encoded in 320KB/s MP3) I also "had" an iPod, it died about a year ago and im saving uo buy a new one, probably an 80GB or 120GB (assuming they make a 120GB, which they will!)

Still have the old iPod laying around? There's an Apple reseller in south San Jose that sells replacement parts.

Mac-Pro

site_img_us_pa_e5_m.jpg

Shure E5c

MSRP: $549

If you can afford these earphones, get them...they really open up the dynamic range. I got a pair, and I listened to the 2002 Cavies show, and it blew my mind. Its the closest thing to a live performance that I've heard (and I did hear that hornline live several times that season)

Put these puppies in your iPod, toss those stock white iPod earbuds and you will cry with joy.

Here's a link:

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Product..._pa_E5c_content

Edited by mrshowfan

OK, why would you want those expensive headphones for an iPod. Don't you know that when you convert a CD into format, there will be compression of the sound and that the quality isn't the same. Now, most people will never notice the difference between a CD and an mp3, but when you buy expensive headphones or speaker systems for an iPod, your still not doing the music any real justice. Pop the CD into a quality speaker system and then you will notice a huge difference.

And by quality, I mean mucho mucho $$$. I've seen single speakers go for over $100,000 and the sound on those are amazing!

Edited by BushBonez

But there is also the theory that if you have to listen to 128kps audio, you are already compromised so why deal with crappy buds? Get the best sound you can out of what bits you have. Actually the real point of the Shures and the Entymotics is that they seal out the outside world so completely that even compressed music sounds great and you do not have to crank the volume to cover over the ambient noise. Great if you can afford them.

I've played around with tons of formats and compression rates; Ogg, high rate Mp3, Apple lossless. Must have re-ripped my music numerous times. But in the end I find that 192kps AAC sounds great and uses space efficiently. Even the iTunes 128kps stuff sounds fine for pop/rock stuff. I guess they pick the 'right' 128bits. I work in a high noise environment and have a set of the $100 Shures that work great, though communication can be an issue. They seal out the world. When in quiet and I am not concerned about looking like a dork, I have a set of Grado SR60s that make those compressed files really sing.