5. SCV

6. Bluecoats

7. BK

8. Crown

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Madison

12. Glassmen

I agree with this one the most. It's not what I want to happen though. Maybe more like Cavies, BD, Phantom, Cadets, your 5-12 :P

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this is all for fun, cause everyone's probably gonna make a million mistakes (but hey, i called cadets in 5th last year, though! okay, I didn't post anything, but still!). So here is my prediction:

1.) Phantom - its time

2.) Cadets

3.) Cavies - as excited as I am for the Billy Joel show, I just don't think it'll be enough to stay where they've been the past 7 seasons.

4.) Blue Devils

5.) Bluecoats - still going to be a great corps, though

6.) Vanguard

7.) Crown

8.) Blue Knights

9.) Glassmen

10.) Crossmen - the move to TX is gonna help...a lot

11.) Blue Stars - I like the show design so far, I think it might go well for them

12.) Madison

13.) Boston

14.) Spirit

15.) Academy - they're just not ready to be in the top 12 in div 1 just yet

16.) Colts

17.) Southwind

18.) Mandarins

19.) Pacific Crest

20.) Seattle Cascades

21.) Troopers

22.) Pioneer

Overall, though, I think this year is going to be a very exciting year to watch play out. I think there could be many surprises, so, who knows what will happen? After all, it's only April. Still 4 months until Finals in Pasadena. We'll see...

Listen boys and girls, I think that this thread is made to offend people, plain and simple. If I dont post what you like, you don't like me, and I like you all, so lets like eachother and realize that all posts here are filled with sarcasm and sillyness.

To whomever I offended about not being particular to whatever corps I was or wasn't to while favoring and/or lowering the confidence level related to the staff and members performace and creativity realative to the show design and blah blah yarbus....... I apologize.

Lets all be a big happy drum corps family. :)

Edited by GMmello

Using an extrapalation from the 1986-1987 seasons here is what I've got for 2007

1 Bluecoats

2 Phantom Regiment

3 Blue Devils

4 Cavaliers

5 Boston Crusaders

6 Blue Knights

7 Carolina Crown

7 Spirit

9 The Cadets

10 Santa Clara Vanguard

11 Colts

12 Madison Scouts

13 Southwind

14 Blue Stars

15 Crossmen

16 Pacific Crest

17 Glassmen

18 Mandarins

19 Troopers

20 Seattle Cascades

21 Academy

22 Pioneer

Adjusted to account for corps that folded in 1987.

Edited by bluecoats88

Using an extrapalation from the 1986-1987 seasons here is what I've got for 2007

1. Bluecoats

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Blue Knights

7. Carolina Crown

Tie Spirit of JSU

9. Cadets

10. Santa Clara Vanguard

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

13. Southwind

14. Colts

15. Blue Stars

16. Pacific Crest

17. Glassmen

18. Mandarins

19. Troopers

20. Seattle Cascades

21. Academy

22. Pioneer

i dont get it.

i dont get it.

Basically all I did was mimic the placement movements from 1986 to 1987 for what would happen from 2006 to 2007. I've readjusted it to account for the 2 corps in 13th and 14th from 1986 that folded. I didn't like the way I handled that the first time.

in 1987 the winner placed 4th in 1986, second and third repeated. the 1986 winner dropped to 4th in 1987. 5th and 6th dropped to 9th and 10 respectively. there was a tie for 7th in 1987 between the 8th and 12th place corps from 1986. etc...

Basically all I did was mimic the placement movements from 1986 to 1987 for what would happen from 2006 to 2007. I've readjusted it to account for the 2 corps in 13th and 14th from 1986 that folded. I didn't like the way I handled that the first time.

in 1987 the winner placed 4th in 1986, second and third repeated. the 1986 winner dropped to 4th in 1987. 5th and 6th dropped to 9th and 10 respectively. there was a tie for 7th in 1987 between the 8th and 12th place corps from 1986. etc...

um wow ...

So for fun again I switched around things just from what I hear ... (rumors)

1.BD

2.Cavies

3.Phantom

4.Cadets

5.BC

6.BK

7.CC

8.SCV

9.Boston

10.Madison

11.Spirit

12.Colts

Or a BLUE sweep ..

1.BD

2.BC

3.BK

4.-12. The other guys ...

Yeah wont happen but fun ...

Hmmm... Third Coast? Do you live in Florida, LA, MISS, AL or Texas? Or Chicago? My wife always said that Lake Michigan looks like an ocean not a lake.

The hype begins, IMHO, when the corps start competing. Actually, I'll expand on that; When the corps start competing with their entire show. Which, these days, is about late June/mid-July? Some, not until August.

I just don't understand how someone can predict a placement based truly on the name of a theme, assumptions on member or staff talent or just a "feeling".

Anyway, everyone has the right to their opinion. Predict away if you want to. My opinion is that it is WAY too early for predictions based on no solid information.

Oh, I will make one prediction: In two weeks there will be yet another prediction post. My "solid information"? Since the dawn of DCP there has been one constant; prediction posts year round.

born,raised,and paying massive taxes raising my 4 children right here in madison, wi