234 theaters to show ’07 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely right! I knew I was missing somebody...was too tired to figure it out.

OK, so 3 of the 25 div 1 corps are in WI...that comes out to 12%.

How many of the 234 theatres are showing countdown in WI? ONE...

That figures out to .4 % vs 12%....whats wrong with this picture?

I figure if they were to do it in Madison they would get a pretty full theatre, vs the 40 or so people they got last yr in Appleton.

COME ON DCI...GET SMART HERE!

Do you really think it's up to DCI? I'm sure they'd love more theaters in WI and IL...it's the theaters themselves that have to agree to show the event.

Wish I knew what happened in Dallas, we were always well attended, but nothing in Dallas... we have 1 in Fort Worth

now Wichita Falls and Sherman are both within a 2 hour drive, but still

You are absolutely right! I knew I was missing somebody...was too tired to figure it out.

OK, so 3 of the 25 div 1 corps are in WI...that comes out to 12%.

How many of the 234 theatres are showing countdown in WI? ONE...

That figures out to .4 % vs 12%....whats wrong with this picture?

I figure if they were to do it in Madison they would get a pretty full theatre, vs the 40 or so people they got last yr in Appleton.

COME ON DCI...GET SMART HERE!

Having worked in the movie theater business, I'm going to tell you flat out that DCI would have had almost NO control over where this will be shown.

Theater managers make decisions about what to show in their theaters.

Blaming DCI for not having a theater to watch this at is pointless, because they don't control it.

Edited by geluf

One theatre in Illinois showing it <**> I don't want to drive all the way to freakin Chicago!

Looks like I'll do what I do every year.

Pack up a bunch of kids that I teach and take them to the theater :)

Always better to go to the source... so if you want a theater, here's what you do:

Thank you for your interest in Drum Corps International, We are doing this year's theatre broadcast through National Cinemedia. So your theatre would have to be under the National Cinemedia umbrella but if it is check and see if they have the technology for a digital broadcast. If your theatre meets those requirements, speak to the General Manager of your theatre and ask him or her if they would be willing to participate in our national multi theatre broadcast of The 2007 DCI Classic Countdown.

Thank you for your support of Drum Corps International,