Is DCA dead?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due repsect, you are completely missing the point. The point is not about one corps. It is quite the opposite, in fact.

The point being made is about what one can achieve working together. Look at what DCI has done over the last ten years, with an arguably inferior product, from an audience appreciatetion standpoint.

They have lost this fan's appreciation,.................and many other drum corps fans,................maybe they have taken a shine to John Q. Public,................but so has marching band,..................

Thats all well and good.And I think it would be cool if we(that is EVERYONE) could market as agressively and take things mainstream.The question is HOW?

An aggressive marketing strategy headed up by the DCA organization with the backing of the DCA member corps + money. Maybe instead of giving all of the DCA revenue back to the member corps, some of it gets invested in this plan to help create more money by marketing the product.

I dunno. I'm not a marketing genius. :lol:

:OT:

Learn something new every day. My high school boyfriend named his band "Ro Sham Bo"... I never doubted the spelling. :lol:

Spelling, shmelling, Kelli. As long as you are first to kick 'em in the nutz, you win!!! b**bs

There are signs of death in DCA. Aside from the anti-growth rules that got approved(fewer votes, higher minimum to compete). The performering corps don't get their name on dcacorps.org until the season after they perform at a dca championships. The performers also don't know if they'll be performing on a football field, or if they'll be photographers, or videographers recording their performance until they're on the field at the event, and maybe not until much later than that. Much less knowing if they'll get to compete in front of an audience of 30 or 3,000. Maybe not dead, or gonna die anytime soon, but there's a definite sign of deterioration.

Yes.

aw geez, guys...............................can't I just play horn and drink beer? This kind of thing gives me a headache :lol:

aw geez, guys...............................can't I just play horn and drink beer? This kind of thing gives me a headache :lol:

I am with Rich...

Decent placement is nice and all... But I am here to party!