just read the news about Hurcs sweeping the hoyloke parade. still get shingles when I think back to hearing mag 7 for the fist time! maybe the Hurcs are back in the hunt?

Who else was at this parade? I know in years past, they used to get some pretty big name corps down there.

Anyone know if the score sheets are on the web anywheres?

Here's the correct breakdown of the parade, Guy:

Industrial Air Compressor Service Ward, Best Senior Drum and Bugle Corps, Connecticut Hurricanes Seniors of Ansonia, Conn.

Hogan Communications Award, Best Senior Drum and Bugle Flag unit, Bushwackers Senior Drum and Bugle Corps, Norwalk, Conn.

What does this mean? Absolutely nothing. :worthy:

We had the best flag unit. We had ZERO, count em...ZERO color guard OR American section people in our parade ranks in Holyoke.

Congratulations to the Hurricanes. :D

Guy, I'm assuming you meant "tingles" instead of "shingles"

Shingles is the adult form of chicken pox...shingles is ALSO another name for outdoor roofing/wall exterior tiles for a house.

Edited by bumo27

Industrial Air Compressor Service Award

Are the air compressors in G or B-flat? Could make a difference in the sound. b**bs ^0^ B)

Fran

We had the best flag unit. We had ZERO, count em...ZERO color guard OR American section people in our parade ranks in Holyoke.

Heh.... reminds me a show in junior corps.....1974, our midrange line consisted of one mellophone and two French horns.

At one Eastern States show, I was the ONLY midrange player there... the mellophone and other Frenchie couldn't make the gig for whatever reason.

I had a horrible day playing that day..... to borrow a phrase, I was ticking like a clock.

But looking at the field brass execution sheets later, there were NO midrange ticks. None.

Very scary.

Fran

• 3 weeks later...

Blousemen won...

On a serious note, i do believe the Hurcs are going to be for real this year.

are you inferring that Blouse isnt real?

are you inferring that Blouse isnt real?

......UnReal........a non-believer :lookaround: ...probably doesn't even know where East Stroudsburg is.......Oh the shame of it all... :(