Wayne Bergeron in drum corps.?

The tune "Friend Like Me" was recorded with Wayne's own big band, Maynard does not play on the tune and it was not recorded in 2006. Wayne played "Friend Like Me" (from Disney's Aladdin) with his band at the MF Stratospheric Tribute, which was long before 2006. It was out on the CD "You Call This a Living in 2002. On the tune "Maynard and Waynard", from the 2007 released "Plays Well With Others", Maynard does appear and the two do trade solos.

ica.

I think I see where the source of your confusion was.

What I said was .

Have a listen at Friends like me.Maynard and Waynard really kicks towards the end with them trading off solos.. :worthy:

I was correct in my statement that Maynard and Waynard Relly kicks towards the end of them trading solos.I NEVER said that Maynard played on freinds like me.I was suggesting that She have a listen to Friends like me AND she needed to hear Maynard and Waynard.

Those should have been two separate sentences though so Ill take that rap.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure he did a stage gig with BD a few years ago, as well.

You're thinking Jim Manley.

I don't get into assinine statements such as "<insert name> is the best player in America".

Wayne B. is an incredibly talented trumpet player.....I am not saying that he isn't. I think to say that he is "the best", however, is foolish. There are more complete trumpet players out there.

Like Malcolm McNab. His new CD "Exquisite" contains some of the most incredible trumpet playing I have EVER heard! :rolleyes:

Like Malcolm McNab. His new CD "Exquisite" contains some of the most incredible trumpet playing I have EVER heard! :rolleyes:

Bring it to camp this weekend!!!

• 1 year later...

Wayne Bergeron was a 14 year old soprano bugle player in the 1971 Lynwood, CA, Diplomats. He may have been in the line in the previous season but he was most definately there when I taught the corps that year. He can be heard playing the double high C...and occasionally E, I think....at the end of The Diplomats final fanfare (JC Superstar). There are recordings out there, especially of the 71 American Legion Nationals in Houston, TX.

As far as video of the 71 Diplomats: Oh, how I wish! I've been looking for materials concerning The Diplomats for the last 8 years or so and there's just very little out there that has found the way to me.

It was through Wayne and The Diplomats connection that more than 30+ years later I managed to correspond with Gordon Goodwin, whose got his first publishing credits from Dr. Herb Patnoe, my music teacher at DeAnza College, Phat Band guitarist Grant Geissman, with whom I played in the 1972 DeAnza College Jazz Band, and trombonist Andy Martin, who had the same high school band director as I at another LA school

Small world, eh?

If not stated before, I have great personal respect for Wayne Bergeron, not only for his outstanding career as a musician and clinician, but also just because he is one great human being.

And by the way, thanks for listing my name on the solo album, Wayne.

Told you: one great human being, that Wayne Bergeron.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

I still think you need to classify when saying outlandish things like "top 3 in America", but whatever.
I don't really see the need to classify...I mean "top 3", "top 5", "top 50"....bottom line is the cat is a pretty good trumpet player....

• 15 years later...

He started on French horn bugle, and he says after switching to trumpet he had the same range today that he had in jr high!