DCI Uses the "Student" Word!

BANDO : A high school or college student belonging to a school affiliated marching musical unit who is not Drum Corps qualified.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really say if it did or not for me. I was too busy getting it welded or using a piece of ductape to keep the leadpipe attached.

Ya know, that kind of "uniqueness"

Ah yes, I do know what you mean. :sshh: :wub:

It does not feel good to read degrading and slanderous comments toward the activity we know and love as Drum and Bugle Corps. I am hard pressed to find any current members who would ever say similar things about previous generation's version of Drum and Bugle Corps. It might not be our cup of tea, and it might seem boring to us; however, that was what you knew, and this is what we know.

And I like what Drum and Bugle Corps is today. Just as much as you all liked Drum and Bugle Corps in your day.

We do not intend to offend our audiences by using Tubas, Trumpets or modern drill. We do this activity for the same reasons you did it in 1978, 1983, 1989, etc.

Maybe you should think back to when you were 19 or 20 and remember all of the reasons you kept coming back to Corps. Think about how much you learned about teamwork, life and hard work. Think about how incredible it felt like living with 120 other people with the exact same goals as you had.

From one guy who started marching in 1964....

:wub:

But drum corps IS already marching band...and always has been.

Sorry, but that is historically innaccurate.

So when was a drum corps not a marching band?

It depends on how you say it I think. :wub:

Yes, we were a marching band but we were not a Marching Band. :worthy:

We were a Band that was Marching, not to be confused with a marching band. :worthy:

Put the verbal accents on the capitalized M & B. :worthy:

Make sense ? B)

But drum corps IS already marching band...and always has been.

But marching band is not drum corps. Yet, drum corps is erasing the things that differentiate the two activities. Then, there will only be one.