DCI Uses the "Student" Word!

From DCI's site:

"2007 Schedule of Student Educational Workshops

Drum Corps International corps will present several educational workshops for students in conjunction with select events on the 2007 Summer Music Games Tour. Corps will present these approximately 90 minute overview sessions as educational and motivational opportunities for students to enrich their marching musical skills."

Those of you who helped fill 18 pages of another thread on the use of the words "school", "Student" and "faculty" by certain drum corps can now attack DCI as well. :lol:

Oh my, on top of that they use the nasty words "marching musical skills" instead of "drum corps skills". It muct be yet another move toward the demise of drum corps!!! :blink:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From DCI's site:

"2007 Schedule of Student Educational Workshops

Drum Corps International corps will present several educational workshops for students in conjunction with select events on the 2007 Summer Music Games Tour. Corps will present these approximately 90 minute overview sessions as educational and motivational opportunities for students to enrich their marching musical skills."

Those of you who helped fill 18 pages of another thread on the use of the words "school", "Student" and "faculty" by certain drum corps can now attack DCI as well. :lol:

Oh my, on top of that they use the nasty words "marching musical skills" instead of "drum corps skills". It muct be yet another move toward the demise of drum corps!!! :blink:

Um... it's for high school students, who are not currently participating in drum corps.

From DCI's site:

Actually, in a way, I think it is. I think DCI wants to be more appealing to the band crowd and has been moving (I don't call it evolving) toward being band-like. More and more they are removing the "durm corps" term from usage. Drum corps (as I love it) is nearly dead. DCI is hanging in there.

They use those terms so that 10 years from now DCA corps' can require MBA's. :P Just kidding of course. In all seriousness, I think that DCI does not want to be publicly percieved as an organization that neglects their kids academic preformance. Think of all the High School and College sports programs who have gotten in trouble for that over the years.

Mike - why the hell would you want to do that?

I think they SHOULD continue to remove the term 'durm corps' from usage. :lol:

:blink:

Well, I agree with you (someone call a doctor! :sshh: ) I said it in another thread, removing the terms reflects the honest movement of DCI in this activity. I also believe that they realize that you become what you say. Since that is the direction they want to go, this makes sense to help move that along. Unfortunately, I like drum corps, so it is a movement away from what I like.

Yep, and drum corps is going to be school related with corps like the Duncan High School Drum Corps. I march corps to get away from school.