all former madison scouts

tsrts13 i made you an offer, no response yet.

Was that an offer he can't refuse??? :sshh: b**bs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bout them yankees? :worthy:

Let's go Red Sox, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

its funny how it goes from alumni dues to those choking east coast sports teams/ go bruins

If I respond to this the way I want to, the moderators would ban me permantly!

Ya bum...get back to work. b**bs

I find it interesting how many alumni have come out of thin air this year. Where were all of you "brothers" when my son was marching in the Scouts? He aged out last year. Marched drum corps for 5 years. There were only a handful of alumni to be found during his tenure!! Funny how you are being so supportive now! :worthy:

I find it interesting how many alumni have come out of thin air this year. Where were all of you "brothers" when my son was marching in the Scouts? He aged out last year. Marched drum corps for 5 years. There were only a handful of alumni to be found during his tenure!! Funny how you are being so supportive now! :worthy:

....whats your point?

And where were you Cowboyken? How did you stay in contact with all of us brothers? Are you a brother? Do you know what it really means to be a Scout? Self reflection can do wonders.

I find it interesting how many alumni have come out of thin air this year. Where were all of you "brothers" when my son was marching in the Scouts? He aged out last year. Marched drum corps for 5 years. There were only a handful of alumni to be found during his tenure!! Funny how you are being so supportive now! :blink:

As an Scout alumn I think Cowboy Ken has a very good point.

For me I just happen to move back in the area last year when the Scout's "Alumin Reunion" project was being put together and got involved.

I had been to maybe 3 drum corps shows in the last 15 to 20 years, drum corps and the Scouts just weren't high up on my list of priorities.

Getting involved again I realisied what drum corps had done for me as far as developing me as a person and the Scouts were a huge part of that.

Now I'm involved again and regret it took so long for me to see the light, that drum corps is still one of the best youth activities on the planet.

I am NOT one of those people who say that 2006 or the last few years didn't "Feel Like" or Sound Like" the Scouts-thats just pure horse crap.

Those young men were as much as a Scout as any one whoever wore a Scout uniform. I'll tell you I marched in one of the worst Scout shows ever

(1976 1st show) and even if they never got rid of that lemon everyone who marched that year is as much of a Scout as the Boy Scouts who did parades

in 1938.

Anyway Cowboy Ken, there were a lot of Scouts Alumni MIA for a long time who are involved again and thats a good thing. I regret it took me this long

to get off my arse and I'm sure alot of other guys feel the same way.

By the way, I did see the the Scouts in 2004 (Denver) and last year and thought they were great!! Kudos to your son for being a 5 year Scout! :worthy:

I find it interesting how many alumni have come out of thin air this year. Where were all of you "brothers" when my son was marching in the Scouts? He aged out last year. Marched drum corps for 5 years. There were only a handful of alumni to be found during his tenure!! Funny how you are being so supportive now! :lol:

dont know about you but i was there just like every yr from 81 till now. oh by the way last yr 350 alumni were a little busy in case you did not see what we did last yr.

I find it interesting how many alumni have come out of thin air this year. Where were all of you "brothers" when my son was marching in the Scouts? He aged out last year. Marched drum corps for 5 years. There were only a handful of alumni to be found during his tenure!! Funny how you are being so supportive now! :lol:

1. Many Scout alumni were disenchanted with the direction the Scouts were going in...

2. Many Alumni did not feel welcome at camps & practice by the last Scout regime...

The fact that so many alumni are now active with the Scouts again gives you an indication that change was needed...& is a positive.

I just wish I had time to devote to the Scouts...