Staples Business Depot insulting drum corps

First time drum corps has been featured in a mainstream add since KFC still had the word "Fried" on their signs. I'll take it!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are complaining? I look at this as just another method of exposure of the drum corps activity in general. Maybe someone hearing this commercial will say, "Drum corps? What's that?" then look it up, find some videos on YouTube, then become a lifelong fan and fork over $500+ a year for it.

that's creepy..I saw this same topic over on the DCA side, and made almost the exact same response...

that's creepy..I saw this same topic over on the DCA side, and made almost the exact same response...

The OP said he put it on the DCA site as well.

The OP said he put it on the DCA site as well.

what's creepy is that i'm thinking like hroth... :sshh:

Hey Guys,

So I also just heard the commercial. It isn't insulting to Drum Corps in the slightest. This is reading and listening comprehension 101. The ad IS NOT ABOUT DRUM CORPS. It's about PRINTING MISTAKES. Calling it DUM CORPS indicates that someone SCREWED UP AN AD AND IT WON'T COST VERY MUCH TO FIX IT.

This is actually good publicity for Drum Corps. In no way would anyone in their right mind listen to this ad and go "Hey, Drum Corps = DUM CORPS, I'm going to boycott this activity because it is so dumb."

However, that being said, I've already torched three staples on way my way home from work. No really. Burn Mutha***** burn.

Cheers,

OK - well - Mods please close....

Closed per author's request.