Ralph Hardiman

Cool, we rehearsed at McGavock in '02 on the way to Grand Nationals. The people there couldn't have been nicer.

Oh, and remember this?

:blink:

....ew. :doh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still haven't ruled out getting Ralph or Tom Float to rejoin the Kingsmen Alumni Corps this summer in Pasadena.

Here is Tom and Ralph in the center during the 1972 Anaheim Kingsmen tour...

72snares03.jpg

Wow...that must've been a kick arse snare line. I'd forgotten about their Anaheim connection.

....ew. :blink:

Horrible recording quality, I know. That's from someone's personal tape recorder in the stands at the 1994 Grand Nationals.

About Ralph's sister:

Lorena Stewart

What was your role in the band?

I was the lead vocalist/mediator. In a group with a bunch of women, it needed that. When some of them were having a disagreement I would sit back and look at things from a different point of view and give each side a different aspect to look at.

What was the impact Klymaxx had in the 80's?

We set the tone and standard for up and coming female bands. It was empowering. At the time people thought, we were a little risqué. We said things that women were thinking about but were afraid to say. So we said it for them. Even today, there aren't too many all-female bands, just the occasional girl playing guitar or a drummer. There are so many talented females playing instruments, it would be a great treat to see all-girl-bands come back.

What have you been up to in the past years?

I am married to writer, producer, Alton "Wokie" Stewart. I have three children, Starr, Crystal, and Alton, III. I was keeping busy being a housewife and mom. I also gave my life over to Christ, singing in the church choir.

Did you keep any of the clothes?

I kept one jacket. My trademark, a silver wig from "Meeting In The Ladies Room," I threw out in the audience and a guy caught it. He actually was wearing it.

How did you enjoy the comeback performance at the Roxy in Los Angeles?

It was like old times, but even better. It's been so many years since we've been together so it was an added excitement to reunite and see each other. We really worked hard to make it a great show, which was a challenge after 20 years. The feedback from everyone at the reunion show was, that we are better today then we were then. It was like riding a bicycle, what you know you always know.