18th and lower placing corps

Wow...I have so many 18 - 24 placed corps performances that I love. Just a couple off the top of my head would be

1999 - Southwind (My favorite show from them by the way...)

2001 - Spirit, Blue Knights

2003 - Seattle Cascades (One of my favs from them...love that Mexicana sound), Colts,

2005 - Crossmen

2006 - Magic, Blue Stars (Could have done without narration though), Crossmen, Pacific Crest (Favorite PC show for me)

A quick special note regarding The Magic. I really enjoyed their corps in 2006. From the first time I saw them at the end of June in Allentown til quart. finals I was cheering them on all the way. Why ?? I enjoyed their musical choices and the corps played with a tremendous amount of heart and emotion. A good example of that would be when I saw them at Giant Stadium. The crowd REALLY DUG them. You could feel the emotion bouncing back and forth between the corps and crowd. Some of the Big Boys on the bill that night (ie Cavaliers, Bluecoats) did not receive even 1/3 of the interaction/response that The Magic did.....

To all those who don't show up to quarter or semi-finals until the 13th from last corps goes on .....you are missing out on some AMAZING drum corps........

Crossmen was 14th in 2005. Blue Stars was 14th and Crossmen 15th in 2006. Spirit was 13th in 2001.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1985 Knights and 1983 Boston-the two best small-corps shows ever, IMO. Check 'em out-if you can get past my terrible timpani playing in the Knights show anyway.

Hey, don't forget 1986 Florida Wave. We only had 38 horns but we packed a punch!

I personally am just proud to have been a part of Pioneer 06.

So, my bias go towards that.

I am completely biased. But I loved KK 2003, the Beatles show. Especially for anyone that was at the Baton Rouge show that year. Was a great season and one that I wish more people were familiar with. Unfortunately, it'll only get further and further forgotten as it wasn't permitted on the dvd.

Hey, don't forget 1986 Florida Wave. We only had 38 horns but we packed a punch!

Larry, I have to tell you how sick I felt when FW went under. We did alot of touring with you guys in 86-88. You guys played some of the hardest charts out there. What's more, you understood the style of the type of jazz you were offering. It's rare that a line of any size can play with the type of feel you guys had. It was kind of a shock to the system to see you in blue playing a solo in 1990. If you didn't make the "best sop player" list ... you get my vote.

I am completely biased. But I loved KK 2003, the Beatles show. Especially for anyone that was at the Baton Rouge show that year. Was a great season and one that I wish more people were familiar with. Unfortunately, it'll only get further and further forgotten as it wasn't permitted on the dvd.

i had dreams of Norwegian Wood after listening to your pit play it in the lot for a few hours after the Dallas show in '03 :lol:

Crossmen was 14th in 2005. Blue Stars was 14th and Crossmen 15th in 2006. Spirit was 13th in 2001.

Sorry bout that.......I must be getting old :doh: I took off running; naming shows that were 13 place and lower.....

Edited by Triple Forte