Tour Secretes

Keep an extra set of clothes, show stuff, and your toothbrush on the bus with you.

Figure out a routine that works for you and stick with it - otherwise you'll go crazy or forget to do something. i.e. I was in the pit so before shows it was always load the truck in 20 minutes, eat in 10, pack and roll up the bag in 10, throw my bag out for the bus loaders, and shower/do the show hair in 20.

Baby wipes = instant shower.

Relating to overpacking - a few of us in my section would pool our resources so that not everyone had to carry the stuff around. Example - One person would buy a big thing of laundry detergent (that stayed on the bus) for everyone else to use. We did the same with First Aid stuff, lotion, Icy Hot, etc.

As for the lack of sleep - there's only one thing to do. Learn how to sleep on a bus. Find a comfy seat partner of your liking.

That's all I got for now...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be on time!

shorts and underwear, haha. If you're like me, board shorts, easy to wash by hand and you will not need to bring many.

Air mattress. I got through a tour w/. out one but, it's much more pleasant w/.

On the bus claim the floor as early as possible aka bring your sleeping bag and throw it down once you're moving...or set up turns...

slippas aka sandals(...had to throw some Hawaiian slang in)

sun glasses B)

lip balm w/. spf

don't use the bus bathroom

keep everything together and prepare ahead of time, gives you more time for meals

Febreeze!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave home without it.

An AeroBed air mattress. Leave the sheets on it and all you have to do is roll it up all together and it only takes a minute to pump it up when you pull into a site late at night, even comes with it's own bag, in which you can stick an extra blanket.

Ladies, don't wash your hair everyday, it dries it out and damages it.

And ladies, you should bring some Gold Bond too. I recommend the green medicated kind.

If you can't get to a washer and dryer, bring a small bottle with some liquid detergent and wash important stuff in the sink of the locker room.

i think the thing that got me through was keeping my mouth shut and doing what i was told

(vets dont seem to like to hear rookies complain a bunch)

- Go to Bill Miller's BBQ in San Antonio, TX

- Make sure you point your horn to the real 50 yard line in Ft. Edward, NY

- Don't cry when you're housed at Kaplan HS in Louisiana

- Texas is not as bad as people make it out to be

- Louisiana and parts of Mississippi are worse

- Only push your seat on the bus back if the person behind you says you can

- TURN YOUR CELL PHONE ON SILENT DURING FLOOR TIME... unless you're on field lining crew or something... please

- Do your tour job on time so you don't hold up the corps when leaving a housing site

- The people in Bristol, RI are the coolest drunks you will ever meet

- You can eat other corps' food after the Wakefield, MA parade

- Watch the fireworks show at the same said location

- Appreciate food places within walking distance of show sites and housing sites, but make sure you get back to the bus on time

- Get some funnel cake at Allentown

- Plan accordingly, and you can actually have some free time during eat, pack, and load

- Febreeze is your friend, and everyone who doesn't have any themselves will ask to borrow yours

- Practice show music if you can after shows... it'll pay off

- Tall grass sucks, but push through it anyways

- Do a shin stretch everyday to help prevent shin splints

- Don't bring a watch to rehearsal unless it's absolutely necessary

- Never ask what time it is during rehearsal!!!

- If you do, find a creative watch to describe it... "It's 2 sets past page 30..." ;-)

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

- Never ask what time it is during rehearsal!!!

- If you do, find a creative watch to describe it... "It's 2 sets past page 30..." ;-)

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

the sad thing was, that was actually our visual techs idea so the mello line would'nt get in trouble whenever they asked me how much time we had left