Not one DCI show in Florida or Louisiana this year.....

Amen, to that!

Sure is a lot of complaining here...if you truly enjoy drum corps for what it is, then you'd find a way to get yourself to a show and enjoy it...

Yeah, it's called "I'm going to Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Alabama to see what I want to see very much but can't see in Florida."

Because I love it that much :)

However, I will still say that it is unfortunate to not have a DCI show (large or small) in the state of Florida.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I will still say that it is unfortunate to not have a DCI show (large or small) in the state of Florida.

I will agree with you on that. It's too bad... :worthy:

Yeah, it's called "I'm going to Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Alabama to see what I want to see very much but can't see in Florida."

Because I love it that much :)

Some of you kiddies just don't get it, do you? There's no valid reason that there's not one little measley show in La. or Fla. and there ARE shows in those booming metropolis's in Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama. I'm in Houston now and have the Houston and San Antonio shows to attend, but don't like seeing the drum corps fans in Louisiana and Florida screwed over. The Baton Rouge show in Tiger Stadium was always well attended.

BTW, I'm not interested in driving 8 hours for a show. Don't have the time or desire to do that any longer. No, I don't love it that much any longer. DCI is not classic drum and bugle corps anymore. It's marching symphony/wind ensemble/theater/ballet/opera with all too brief flashes of classic drum corps..........

I'm turning an 8-hour drive into a 4-day road trip with my best friend. Does it suck that there isn't a show in Florida? Heck yeah. Will I drive 8 hours to see the closest show to me? Yep. Almost every single Div. I corps will be there... not to mention I'll get to see the Cavaliers practice in Jacksonville, Alabama. :)

Some of you kiddies just don't get it, do you? There's no valid reason that there's not one little measley show in La. or Fla. and there ARE shows in those booming metropolis's in Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama. I'm in Houston now and have the Houston and San Antonio shows to attend, but don't like seeing the drum corps fans in Louisiana and Florida screwed over. The Baton Rouge show in Tiger Stadium was always well attended.

BTW, I'm not interested in driving 8 hours for a show. Don't have the time or desire to do that any longer. No, I don't love it that much any longer. DCI is not classic drum and bugle corps anymore. It's marching symphony/wind ensemble/theater/ballet/opera with all too brief flashes of classic drum corps..........

just in case you missed it, there is now a show in Lafayette, Louisiana.......It's at UL-Lafayette Cajun Field. Should be a great show site.

Some of you kiddies just don't get it, do you? There's no valid reason that there's not one little measley show in La. or Fla. and there ARE shows in those booming metropolis's in Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama.

Since I'm more or less unaware of the specifics here, would you mind telling me which show sponsors currently exist in those states, have shows and stadiums etc. lined up and are being DENIED holding a show by DCI?? I guess I just don't understand your rant. If there are show sponsors in those areas who have everything they need to run these shows and are being denied doing so by DCI, I think you might have something. But it seems to me (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that there just aren't any show sponsors there who are prepared to host a show. If there are, WHO ARE THEY??? I'd sure like to hear from THEM on the matter.

Thanks......

I live in Clearwater Florida and I am sad there is no show. But what can you do. This will probablly be my first summer since the early 80's that i havent seen a show. But it isnt the end of the world. Im moving to Tallahassee in a few weeks with my GF. Maybe I can make it to Atlanta, or back home to Boston for the 3 awesome shows there. Or maybe I just take a summer off.

PS. The comment about no corps having issues coming over the border..... Kiwanis Kavaliers in 05. The corps stayed in Kitchner an extra night and went to the buffalo show during the day. The buses came through but the truck got stuck at Customs. The poor kids had to go on the show after just unloading their stuff and no warm up. I remember watching the troopers warm up, wondering if our guys would get the chance to perform that night.

Yeah, I see where DCI just recently added a show at Louisiana-Lafayette on Wed, July 18th. No Cavaliers, Blue Devils or Cadets but it's better than nothing!

Yeah, I see where DCI just recently added a show at Louisiana-Lafayette on Wed, July 18th. No Cavaliers, Blue Devils or Cadets but it's better than nothing!

Geez, dude..."better than nothing????????"

You're getting a 9-corps show, with five of last year's top 12 (including the #2 corps) and two former DCI champions, and all you can do is whine that you're not getting Cavies or B.D????

That's a GREAT line-up coming to UL-L.

You need to give the #####in' and moanin' a break. It's getting really old.