Parody in Drum Corps?

Parody in Drum Corps?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible for parody to exist one day in drum corps?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends/not sure
  2. 2. Would Parody be beneficial to DCI?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/not sure
    • Other

You're right, they're just as interesting. Which is, BARELY interesting. We do know where the Cavaliers, Cadets, and Phantom Regiment will place. Want me to tell you where they'll place in 2007? OK, I'll tell you: 6th or better. I can tell you where the Glassmen will place also: Somewhere between 13th and 7th. Mandarins will be somewhere between 21st and 16th. I know, bold predections, right?

Everyone may not be predicting the winner every year, but I'd guess that 1/3 of the people are predicting the winner every year (if you assume, for sake of argument, that 1/3 picks the Cavaliers, 1/3 picks the Cadets, and 1/3 picks the Blue Devils).

But you can't predict the exact spot. That is my point. :)

I'll take a spread of 6 places. That is fine with me. Besides, competition isn't the only thing that matters. I enjoyed Spirit's show, and they were 12th. I enjoyed the Crossmen's show, and they didn't make Finals. Who cares if it's the same 6 corps taking the top spot. Winning doesn't equal entertainment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic