Company fronts

Why is it that there are hardly any great company fronts nowadays? Of course I have not seen every show, but the last great company front I can think of off the top of my head is 1995 Cavaliers in Jupiter. Another great one is 1989 SCV. Are great tear jerker company fronts a thing of the past?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 SCV always gets me going, even if there is a curtain ripple going on. still a company front.

I liked Madison's company front this year. For me, it wasn't anything emotional, but I loved the way it developed. Maybe not the cleanest, but I thought it was cool. :)

Why is it that there are hardly any great company fronts nowadays? Of course I have not seen every show, but the last great company front I can think of off the top of my head is 1995 Cavaliers in Jupiter. Another great one is 1989 SCV. Are great tear jerker company fronts a thing of the past?

THE CADETS 2000?!?!?! Oh my god you forgot one of the most emotional company fronts of all time!

I can think of a few more too: The Cavaliers 2000 at the beginning (QUITE a statement!), Phantom 2003 in the end of the opener, and in the ballad; SCV 2004, Bluecoats 2006. Sure fire way to get babies in the air, no doubt.

There was a thread alive about a month ago on this topic. Try searching for it.

Company fronts are tired and predictible for the most part. I like it when a corps sets it all up and then spins wickedly out of it just to throw a curve at an audience.

87 Garfield fits that bill....but I don't agree with you that they;re tired...it depends on how you use one...04 SCV was brilliant in it's simplicity.

First off, the greatest company front ever in my opinion was the Madison Scout 1997. That being said.

I don't think corps use them very often anymore because well...most can't do them. I mean really. Why do most corps march from random blob to a newly developed random blob, because you can hide that lack of marching ability by not marching obvious forms like a company front.

As far as them being tired and old, I can't really jump on that argument. That's like high mark time being old and tired. It comes down to whether or not a group can do it. If you can't, you hide from it.

I think it's a general lack of ability, and in my opinion, most of the "top 12" would struggle with a company front, so they hide from them.

I personally like SCV '89's in Music of the Night.