WGI Finals

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the 16 Independent World class groups at Dayton this weekend, 8 were designed by, taught by or being marched in by current Bluecoat members/staff members and they aren't the only ones...the representation at WGI by current corps members and staff is very high across the spectrum.

Very cool!

The WGI/DCI relationship is an important one because each makes the other better.

If you haven't had the chance to attend the percussive side of things at WGI...the level of design, teaching, comraderie and overall energy is awe inspiring...a very good time!

Here's the finals results.

Independent Marching World

1 Riverside Community College 96.95

2 Music City Mystique 96.30

3 Blue Knights 94.15

4 North Coast Academy 93.15

5 Matrix 93.10

6 Rhythm X 92.20

7 Freelancers 90.25

8 Pulse Percussion 89.05

9 Eastside Fury Perc 86.45

10 Odyssey Percussion Theatre 86.05

11 Great Lakes Percussion 83.20

12 Indianapolis Indep. Perc. Ensemble 82.40

Yeah! Way to go Pio Indoor and Groove Pursuit!! I marched Groove Pursuit in 2005 and wish I could afford to march there still! And while I march on Pio's summer drum line I can't quite afford to go to Chicago to march Pio Indoor :P

I don't know this for sure, but I would be willing to bet all 18 PIW lines (there were 18, not 16) had kids who will be marching in a div. I corps next summer.

I bet if you looked at PIO (and maybe even a group or 2 in PIA), you would be surprised at the number of kids who march corps.

btw- what do they put in the water in Michigan?

They had 3 lines make Ind. World finals and another that was very high in Ind. Open.

center tenor from Bluecoats (I believe it's AJ Pace) wrote and designed Palmetto Percussion's show. It was their first year... they were very good. I'm kind of skeptical where the placed in Independent Open (they were the very first group to go on) since two weeks ago, they beat a lot of the groups that beat them at Nashville.

~>conner

I don't know this for sure, but I would be willing to bet all 18 PIW lines (there were 18, not 16) had kids who will be marching in a div. I corps next summer.

I bet if you looked at PIO (and maybe even a group or 2 in PIA), you would be surprised at the number of kids who march corps.

btw- what do they put in the water in Michigan?

They had 3 lines make Ind. World finals and another that was very high in Ind. Open.

I know some groups in PIA had as much as 10 kids who have marched/are going to march.