WGI Finals

btw- what do they put in the water in Michigan?

They had 3 lines make Ind. World finals and another that was very high in Ind. Open.

One also medaled in PIA (Huron Valley), and two more were finalists in PSO (South Lyon & Novi).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

center tenor from Bluecoats (I believe it's AJ Pace) wrote and designed Palmetto Percussion's show. It was their first year... they were very good. I'm kind of skeptical where the placed in Independent Open (they were the very first group to go on) since two weeks ago, they beat a lot of the groups that beat them at Nashville.

~>conner

Believe me when I say that judging was ALL over the place this weekend. The double panel didn't see eye to eye in very many cases. I know that my group was 8th in visual by one judge, and 1st in visual (not just for our block - it was the highest visual score for our division for the entire weekend) by another judge, with over a 2 point spread (in a 20 point caption). It's sad that this wasn't even the biggest discrepency all weekend. I know of at least one more group that was awarded 1st in visual by one judge and 15th or so by another, and there were also groups with spreads like this for the GE and PA captions.

Completely nuts.

Back on the topic of representation, doesn't United have a lot of Surf people? And Paradox Percussion (didn't end up going to finals, but were on the schedule) was part of the Kiwanis organization.

The Spirit of America Band also had a group in PIA finals.

Believe me when I say that judging was ALL over the place this weekend. The double panel didn't see eye to eye in very many cases. I know that my group was 8th in visual by one judge, and 1st in visual (not just for our block - it was the highest visual score for our division for the entire weekend) by another judge, with over a 2 point spread (in a 20 point caption). It's sad that this wasn't even the biggest discrepency all weekend. I know of at least one more group that was awarded 1st in visual by one judge and 15th or so by another, and there were also groups with spreads like this for the GE and PA captions.

Completely nuts.

Back on the topic of representation, doesn't United have a lot of Surf people? And Paradox Percussion (didn't end up going to finals, but were on the schedule) was part of the Kiwanis organization.

The Spirit of America Band also had a group in PIA finals.

What class was that? I was suprised Pioneer indoor was A class, I thought they were going to be moved to open. The Michigan thing is true 3 Independat WWorld finalists, 1 Scholastic Open finalist, 2 Scholastic open finalist and a 3rd semi finalist, an independant open medalist, and an independant A medalist. Now if they could only put a junior corps together!

What class was that? I was suprised Pioneer indoor was A class, I thought they were going to be moved to open. The Michigan thing is true 3 Independat WWorld finalists, 1 Scholastic Open finalist, 2 Scholastic open finalist and a 3rd semi finalist, an independant open medalist, and an independant A medalist. Now if they could only put a junior corps together!

Amen!!

Jim Wunderlich (BD's pit caption head/arranger) & Mike Jackson (SCV's battery caption head/arranger) had a field day.

Both have been teaming at Mission Viejo HS for years. At RCC, Jim continues to arrange for the pit, while Mike works as design consultant.

Mike and Jim also had a PSA line that recieved a silver medal on friday night.

Have to give a huge shout out to all the SoCal lines this season.

RCC PIW: Gold Medal

Mission Viejo PSW: Gold Medal

Ayala PSCW: Gold Medal

Claremont PSCW: Silver Medal

Pacifica PSO: Gold Medal

Loara PSA: Silver Medal

Los Alamitos PSA: Bronze Medal

Pulse Percussion PIW: Finalist

Arcadia PSW: Finalist

Ayala PSW: Finalist

Woodbridge PSCW: Finalist

Trabuco Hills PSO: Finalist

Edited by dbg

The Michigan thing is true 3 Independat WWorld finalists, 1 Scholastic Open finalist, 2 Scholastic open finalist and a 3rd semi finalist, an independant open medalist, and an independant A medalist. Now if they could only put a junior corps together!

They have!!! Legends (http://legendspaa.org/) will be coming out for a small Div III tour this summer. I know a lot of the staff, and they are all very qualified individuals, let alone great guys! If you know of any of your kids that are looking for a taste of drum corps with out the whole summer commitment, check them out!

</plug>

Edited by MGCpimpOtimp

They have!!! Legends (http://legendspaa.org/) will be coming out for a small Div III tour this summer. I know a lot of the staff, and they are all very qualified individuals, let alone great guys! If you know of any of your kids that are looking for a taste of drum corps with out the whole summer commitment, check them out!

</plug>

As a person pretty involved in the state, how and why is this the first I've heard of this?

I would just like to say thank you to all of you who have even mentioned Pioneer Indoor, let alone those of you who have complimented us. I performed on four mallet vibes for this season and i loved it. we have four madison scouts this year and there are few of us who dont have other drum corps ties. again i would just like to say thank you to all those who have spoken highley of our line and i encourage all of you to try out next year. we are based out of a suburb of chicago not 20 minutes away from joliet and less than 45 from chicago. if anyone would like more information email me at Zeldaages@comcast.net and i can direct you to one of our directors.

VK and Impulse both have lines as well(edit: Can't find VK's "Full Force" Percussion on the scores list, perhaps they didn't go to Championships this year)

Couldn't find any "Revolution" drumlines...maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Off the very basic knowledge of WGI that's all I got.

Revolution's line did not go to Dayton. But they were pushed up from Independent A to Independent open and won in the TCGC *Texas Color Guard Circuit*