Joseph Kempf Day in Pennsylvania

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past weekend was the Buccaneers' first rehearsal at our summer home known as Buc Field. Joe's presence was felt all around us and I know he was smiling.

I miss him VERY much. His memory always brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes, he was an incredible person, I'm glad I knew him.

Lois

i never understood why he liked to be called "crazy joe." (that's what was embroidered on his corps jacket.)

then it hit me: he was crazy about his people, his drum corps, and life in general.

and he was one hell of a drum major.

good show, joe.

i only met joe once at the December camp a few weeks before he passed. but he is a Crossmen legend and his pride and dedication will never be forgotten. we all strive to be as great of a Crossmen as he was. this honor is well deserved.

Gary, thanks for posting this!

Reading it made me decide to wear my Crossmen necklace the rest of the day. Joe Kempf was a great member and instructor at the Crossmen, and a darn good drum major as well. He had that swagger that you only see from time to time from people, but boy did it show with him.

Joe, you and your family are always in my heart...thanks for being a great member of the Crossmen, and thanks for your bravery. You are missed.

Joe was one of the first people to welcome me to the hornline in my Bucs rookie year in 2000. This is a fitting tribute to a fine young man whom was loved by those whom he worked and performed with.