What's in a Name

Some awesome ideas... will be adding some of these to the webpage ;)

Keep em coming guys! and thanks for the support

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends what "genre" you are going to play. If you are gonna go Latino, "conquistadors" would fit the bill, etc. If you aren't going to pigeon hole yourself into a certain type of musical genre, than a more cosmopolitan name would be in order...

how about "Tide"

it's coming, and there's nothing you can do to stop it...

(Granted, Rockport Tide sounds better to my ears then Texas Tide)

There's a good word...

Blue Tide

Tidal Wave

Texas Tide

Great news!!!!

My advice to you is this, remember most of the people who see you will be local people, and will probly not even know what a drum corps is (I know, how dare they) so choose your name wisely. What name is going to give your local corps the best chance to get local people. The people at DCA chapionships dont care what you are called, they just want to see good drum corps, so don't worry about them.

One last thing, make the name easy to spell and pronounce.

The Govenaires went to DCM for 10 years before DCM ever spelled the name correctly, and I don't believe the announcer ever did get our name after that. b**bs

Good luck and don't forget to have fun.....thats why we do this :P

Southern Stampede

Texas Giants

South Texas Padres

Mustangs

Kings of Texas

The Dawson Massacre

Rockport Rockets

Texas Tornados

:worthy:

Mustangs, Rockets, and Tornados have already been used. To the point of almost being cliche. I don't think it's an emo corps so Dawson Massacre probably wouldn't fit too well. Kings of Texas might clash with Kingsmen over in Houston. South Texas Padres? It's a stretch but I can see it; but being close to Padre Island I'm not sure how the community would take it. On the right track though, the cool thing about brainstorming is that there is no such thing as a bad idea, so make a long list of everything you can come up with no mater how unrelated it may be. Aviod animals if you can.

Best Wishes

Edited by steamboat