Cell Phones on Tour

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with the rule. So I do not let my child march.

(Of course, I would not let my CHILD march anyway...)

I would not, as an ADULT, be in a group that tries to restrict my freedom of contact (within the actual demands of the activity, of course).

A corps can decide what rules it should have. It can deal with whatever consequences it entails.

I just do not see the justification of this rule as being valid...just as I do about cellphones in the possession of students in schools.

(And any teacher who cannot tell that a student has a phone out during class is not doing their job...)

Oh, and Karl...thanks for the sarcasm filter :) Just be glad you are not Don Imus... b**bs

no one ever said your not allowed to communicate with him. they would just be telling him to leave his celly at the airport. its really not that big of a deal. if hes got a laptop just tell him to shoot you an email.

And I have a problem with that way of thinking. Sorry, but I will not agree. I honestly wonder what child services would think of such a rule. Perhaps I will ask them and get their opinion. Heck, maybe they will tell me I'm wrong. I kind of doubt it though. Something tells me that if you told them that a youth organization was taking kids all over the country while not letting them comminicate with their parents on a cell phone that they would at the very least...raise an eyebrow.

That is the first point you have made that I will agree with and accept the correction thereof. I will try and curve my language. Let's get back on topic now. I still see it unreasonable for a drum corps to ban cell phones on a kid's personal time. Nothing you say will change my mind on this. Can we at least agree to disagree aggreeably. Or are you going to continue to try and tell me how wrong I am for feeling as though a parent should have the right to choose how he or she communicates with his or her UNERAGE child?

Your can think however you wish, but your understanding of the issue is flawed.

I suggest you email director@cavaliers.org and please be sure to get in his face like you promised.

And I have a problem with that way of thinking. Sorry, but I will not agree. I honestly wonder what child services would think of such a rule. Perhaps I will ask them and get their opinion. Heck, maybe they will tell me I'm wrong. I kind of doubt it though. Something tells me that if you told them that a youth organization was taking kids all over the country while not letting them comminicate with their parents on a cell phone that they would at the very least...raise an eyebrow.

Are you ####### kidding me? Please remove your head from your nether regions for a minute.

What I'm getting out of basically everything you've said in this thread is this:

I HAVE A COMPLAINT AND NO AMOUNT OF REASONED RESPONSE WILL CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG SO THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO ANGRILY TRY TO CONVINCE EVERYONE TO AGREE WITH MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Child Services lol

Edited by siuehist