Cell Phones on Tour

Most of the kinds in the Cavaliers are over 18.

Your point?

Are there ANY kids under the age of 18? If the answer is yes, the corps has no right to cut off their communication with the kid's parents.

OMG JEFF FIELDER IS A DICTATOR LET BUSH KNOW SO WE CAN INVADE ROSEMONT!!!1!!!1111!!one!!11!! LULZ!!

Not even worth a response. I have no problems with Jeff Fiedler. I think he is a great director. I just think his rule on cell phones (if it even exists as assumed by this thread) is over the top an unreasonable.

Edited by passionatedc

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously there are situations beyond control (terrorist attacks etc.). It's the principal of the thing. If I am going to send my kid all over the U.S., I #### well be allowed to communicate with him and I'll gladly get in the face of any corps director over that right.

You know how to pick your battles lol

And as the son of parents, I find you constant #### very hurtful and insulting. Please, children are reading this!

Edited by siuehist

Obviously there are situations beyond control (terrorist attacks etc.). It's the principal of the thing. If I am going to send my kid all over the U.S., I #### well be allowed to communicate with him and I'll gladly get in the face of any corps director over that right.

Overprotective.

kthxbai.

stfuxl5.jpg

Are there ANY kids under the age of 18? If the answer is yes, the corps has no right to cut off their communication with the kid's parents.

Not even worth a response. I have no problems with Jeff Fiedler. I think he is a great director. I just think his rule on cell phones (if it even exists as assumed by this thread) is over the top an unreasonable.

Because I'm sure Jeff Fiedler cares much what your opinion is on the way he runs his corps, especially in one the most liberally run corps I've seen. The kids seem to happy, and they've been pretty successful I'd say...

Fiedler will probably post in this thread sooner or later knowing him

Yep, I read it.

Then you should no that your response was invalid...because I most certainly have no problem with the military banning soldiers...who are under the GOVERNMENT'S CUSTODY...of their use of cell phones. I have a problem with a drum corps banning a kid under the age of 18 who is still under his or her parent's from the use of a cell phone. Face it, there is no parallel between drum corps and the military on this issue. NONE! They are two completely different things.

No body is denying your right to communicate with your child, once again you didn't read!

And as the son of parents, I find you constant #### very hurtful and insulting. Please, children are reading this!

That is the first point you have made that I will agree with and accept the correction thereof. I will try and curve my language. Let's get back on topic now. I still see it unreasonable for a drum corps to ban cell phones on a kid's personal time. Nothing you say will change my mind on this. Can we at least agree to disagree aggreeably. Or are you going to continue to try and tell me how wrong I am for feeling as though a parent should have the right to choose how he or she communicates with his or her UNERAGE child?

Edited by passionatedc

no one ever said your not allowed to communicate with him. they would just be telling him to leave his celly at the airport. its really not that big of a deal. if hes got a laptop just tell him to shoot you an email.

Then you should no that your response was invalid...because I most certainly have no problem with the military banning soldiers...who are under the GOVERNMENT'S CUSTODY...of their use of cell phones. I have a problem with a drum corps banning a kid under the age of 18 who is still under his or her parent's from the use of a cell phone. Face it, there is no parallel between drum corps and the military on this issue. NONE! They are two completely different things.

And when kids are in drum corps they're in the custody of several capable adults, both staff and volunteers. Again, your point?

IF ANYBODY SAYS I CAN'T SAY GOODNIGHT TO MY CHILD EVERY DAY IM GUNNA RAISE A FUSS!!11!1!

Simple solution: don't let your kid march Cavaliers. OMG PROBLEM SOLVED. Obviously the parents who do let their kids march there don't have a problem with it, so why project your problems in other people's lives?

You are off the deep end. There is no ban on cell phones in the military!!!!!