Cell Phones on Tour

And I have a problem with that way of thinking. Sorry, but I will not agree. I honestly wonder what child services would think of such a rule. Perhaps I will ask them and get their opinion. Heck, maybe they will tell me I'm wrong. I kind of doubt it though. Something tells me that if you told them that a youth organization was taking kids all over the country while not letting them comminicate with their parents on a cell phone that they would at the very least...raise an eyebrow.

THAT is part of the reason why I would not allow my underage child to march DC. Let's just say things happen/can happen that are inappropriate in a non-adult setting.

There is also a fear by some instuctors that little Billy Bob will get on the phone and whine about how hard things are. That is just an occupational hazard of the instructional activity. Again, a control issue, to a certain degree.

Edited by prodigal bari

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody suddenly attacking me just because I don't agree with an UNDER AGE KID not being allowed to talk to his parents on a cell phone....DURING FREE TIME? I don't get it. I'm the bad guy because I feel as though it's unreasonable for such a rule. Unbelievable!

Everyone is attacking you because the really simple solution is to just walk away and not let YOUR KID march in THAT CORPS.

WOW PROBLEM SOLVED SO EASILY.

It's their policy, why are you projecting your problem with their policy into the public discussion forum?

Why is everybody suddenly attacking me just because I don't agree with an UNDER AGE KID not being allowed to talk to his parents on a cell phone....DURING FREE TIME? I don't get it. I'm the bad guy because I feel as though it's unreasonable for such a rule. Unbelievable!

Well, after calling child services, you might want to contact the states attorney, and file a defamation suit.

like one of my favorite staff dudes told me "im teaching you to be a proffesional, not how to tie your shoes"

Well, that staff person may have taught you to be a professional (hopefully not a professional speller though) but they definitely taught you nothing about conducting yourself in a respectful or respectable manner. Your post is extremely offensive and it will be pointed out to the moderators...although I doubt I will be the first to do so.

Child Services lol

I feel sorry for your kid.

Feel free to feel sorry for my kid who has never missed an honor roll. Feel free to feel sorry for my kid who knows I'm always there when he has a tough question about life and appreciates the patience I have with him when I answer. Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who regularly plays sports and does recreational activities with his dad (how many kids can claim that today). Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who is not a product of divorse. Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who's dad has two savings bonds set a side with his name on it...one for college and one for DRUM CORPS (didn't see that one coming, did you). Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who's dad who can't wait to see his child on a drum corps field and will support him 100% in his efforts..as opposed to the majority of kids out there who have to fight with their parents just to LET them march. Feel free to keep insulting a dad who actually doesn't neglect OR DEPRIVE his child in any way shape or form...simply because he disagrees with your view on the band of cell phones.

Edited by passionatedc