Cell Phones on Tour

Well, that staff person may have taught you to be a professional (hopefully not a professional speller though) but they definitely taught you nothing about conducting yourself in a respectful or respectable manner. Your post is extremely offensive and it will be pointed out to the moderators...although I doubt I will be the first to do so.

internetguideyg7.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, drum corps is not the military and is a YOUTH ACTIVITY. A kid in the military is over the age of 18. That alone makes it a HUGE difference. How many kids do we have UNDER the age of 18 in today's activity. ALOT! At the very least, the parents of THOSE kids have a right to a certain amount of control over how they are able to communicate with their kids.

I'm not saying drum corps isn't a youth activity. I was just asking to be enlightened as to what the military's take on cell phones is, in that there are comparables regarding regimentation, training and group cohension.

And I still don't know.

Someone could come on here and propose making electronic bassoons a required pit instrument and it wouldn't generate the traffic this issue is.

Electronic bassoons...hmmmmmmm.

Are you ####### kidding me? Please remove your head from your nether regions for a minute.

What I'm getting out of basically everything you've said in this thread is this:

I HAVE A COMPLAINT AND NO AMOUNT OF REASONED RESPONSE WILL CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG SO THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO ANGRILY TRY TO CONVINCE EVERYONE TO AGREE WITH MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

No. Not so much. Yeah, you missed my point completely. But I'm probably missing yours too...so maybe we should just quit...at least with the personal attacks.

I'm not saying drum corps isn't a youth activity. I was just asking to be enlightened as to what the military's take on cell phones is, in that there are comparables regarding regimentation, training and group cohension.

And I still don't know.

The military doesn't allow cell phones in basic training, I know that for sure.

Outside of that, I don't know. I don't think soldiers in active duty are allowed to have them but I'm not sure about that.

No. Not so much. Yeah, you missed my point completely. But I'm probably missing yours too...so maybe we should just quit...at least with the personal attacks.

No I get your point. You don't agree with the policy. That's fine. You can not agree. But why for the love of god go online and start a huge debate over it like you're going to march down to Rosemont and get in Jeff's face and demand he change the policy?

I'm just saying that if you really disagree with the policy that vehemently then just...don't let your kid march Cavaliers. He can march BD (what's your policy on pot?), Phantom, SCV, etc. Just not Cavaliers. How's that?

Feel free to feel sorry for my kid who has never missed an honor roll. Feel free to feel sorry for my kid who knows I'm always there when he has a tough question about life and appreciates the patience I have with him when I answer. Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who regularly plays sports and does recreational activities with his dad (how many kids can claim that today). Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who is not a product of divorse. Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who's dad has two savings bonds set a side with his name on it...one for college and one for DRUM CORPS (didn't see that one coming, did you). Feel free to feel sorry for a kid who's dad who can't wait to see his child on a drum corps field and will support him 100% in his efforts..as opposed to the majority of kids out there who have to fight with their parents just to LET them march. Feel free to keep insulting a dad who actually doesn't neglect OR DEPRIVE his child in any way shape or form...simply because he disagrees with your view on the band of cell phones.

Your domestic details are of no concern to me.