Smallest Meal Portion On Tour

We were on a long travel day and no time to stop for lunch. The front row on the bus was given the duty of making peanut butter and jelly on white bread. As eash one was formed it was passed back seat over seat to the furthest row at the rear of the bus. This one day the hunger got to the best of some of the members resulting in several nibbles culminating with little more than a finger size sampler by the time it arrived at the back seat.

What's your smallest meal portion ever on tour?

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't have a couple of lunches or dinners on tour two years ago. We had a food shortage issue due to a head cook that never even cooks for her house and I thought it would be better for the members to eat than myself, a staffer.

Never really had food shortages but a couple times due to logistics we had late dinners so we'd get a fruit break. I love me some cantaloupe.

Smallest meal? Hmmm, well, we never had a shortage, but due to "abdominal pains", one time

on tour, all I could keep down was a half a cup of trail mix.

Tuna mixed in a waste basket with a jar of manaise. Gently stirred with with a paddle. Spread on crackers. 2 per person.

Nothing worse that bus that smells like tuna on a extra hot muggy Summer day.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

Magic 95!!! I was in Suncoast Sound that year we folded on the 2'nd week of tour but we still ate better than magic.

I had many friends in Magic and many of them asked me or other friends at Spirit for food. They were eating pb&j for big meals and crakers and pop corn for snacks. If you were in the back of the line..... :doh:

you did not eat.

I know my friend from that corps and the 96/97 corps would love for me to give a shout out to Terry ( the "corps director" during that time) for making it all possible..... <**>

Heh, Freelancers never really went hungry after 1975, I would think. The toughest times the corps had after that was 1987 when red cool-aid was served out of large bowls--bugs would drown in the stuff so it was named "Red Death". All this way ahead of my time, though.

I would have a banana or something when the main snack was a chef salad, complete with lettuce, tomato, boiled egg, blue cheese and a choice of dressings, bacon bits, and croutons.

I tried it once and couldn't get passed the blue cheese. The flavor reminds me of a bug zapper smell.

I always looked forward to breakfast, usually scambled eggs, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc.