New Division 2 corps

Checked out some of the stuff from the site...,

The music listed is real music. Percussion cap. head used to work with spirit of newark, brass cap. head is a band director from jersey. The Benwood Foundation did give over 14k(!) to the "Chattanooga Drum and Bugle Corps." Looks kind of funny but seems to be on the up and up so far.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no joke - these are real live people. Elmo James ran Scenic City of Chattanooga, TN; Herschel Vaughn directed Quest of Brooklyn, NY. With a short season on the II/III tour and that many financial supporters, a low tour fee could be a possibility.

it's not that people are talking bad because of a low profile, i think it's just strange that no one had heard of them before now

exactly.

~>conner

Yeah, I definitely didn't mean anything negative towards Network; just thought it was strange noone had heard of them before. Best of luck!

I knew of their existence as some of the kids from my corps went there. A $50 tour fee is very inviting.

I am wondering if they passed their evaluation for this season and what shows can we expect to see them in?

I wish them luck as they get their corps off the ground.

Remember this time last year nobody had herd of Vision Elite. When a new corps comes out DP Planet talks bad about the corps because they kept a low profile. Then a corps fold then everybody put them down.

I don't think that is true at all. VE got a lot of great comments on DCP. They had a real fun and entertaining show last year.

By your comments of "Then a corps folds then everybody puts them down", do you mean that VE is folding? I hope not.

The only negative responses I've seen with corps folding seems to be personnel attacks from members or staff from within their corps.

Like some of the other responses, I am just wondering why they are keeping such a low profile.

Hey I'm new to this forum, as I was informed that this topic was on the menu..... well anyway I wanted to put my two cents in. I know the people who are with this effort to develop a new drum corps, and they are honorable, credible people who are attempting to provide the drum & bugle oportunity to those who might never have the opportunity, because they either individually can't afford the present soaring cost, don't have the developed chops, or even have the drum & bugle corps activity in their area or state.

I don't think they are hiding, or keeping a low profile with their effort as some have suggested, but maybe because they are not listed on the DCI web-site (international portal) young and old people just didn't have the option to click on the DCI site and read about them, as I am sure that exposure might have made recruitment easier for them.

I read where on this topic someone said "I have to see it before I believe it" and "it must be a hoax" as well as "$50.00???", well all I can tell you is this "I don't think whatever they are doing is to specifically to get your approval, as they just want to provide performance opportunity and economic options for young people who are interested.

I can tell you that the staff over there is action orientated, and very forcused about making this vision a reality, and I can tell you that there is no interest from them to gossip, or verbally exchange in any negative matter with rumors and such.

As, their Executive Director has stated: "Our challenge this year, is to champion the right for us to exist and to do so we must step onto the field, then begin the process of educating the membership about the Drum & Bugle Corps activity through exposure and by doing so we will set the stage for them to observe the most developed Drum & Bugle Corps on earth".

So, the kids over there are not under any "competitive egotistical staff pressure to beat this one or to outscore that one" however, I know they will perform with integrity because of the staff they have in place.

My belief is they are taking the right approach in developing a class corps and effective operations.