Drugs in drum corps

wow, really my man? you mean you missed roughly 40 pages of people screaming and crying about how drumcorps is just bursting at the edges of with illegal drug use and underage consumption of alcohol? you know, if you cant hold onto intelligent an intelligent conversation maybe you shouldnt enter into one. also feel free to reread my last post, i DONT think drugs are even a slight problem in DCI. i think DCI deosnt need to do squat.

My reading of the posts is that drugs and underage alcohol use exists but my definition of "bursting at the seams" must be different from yours. And I never thought or posted that you believed drugs were a problem in DC. If you got that from my posts, then quote me so I can change it.

Also could you quote someone who has said that drugs is the biggest problem in Drum Corps? That's the part of your post I was responding to and if anyone posted that I missed it.

BTW is "if you cant hold onto intelligent an intelligent conversation" a new technic taught in Public Speaking classes today? Maybe I'll try that next time I disagree with Navy officers I work with. Look on their faces should be a gas before I get my butt canned. :P

"onto intelligent an intelligent"???? (Nuttin' personal but I couldn't resist. :worthy: Looks like something I've written before I've had my morning caffine fix.)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I'm right but I may be mistaken. However I'm pretty sure there is no physical addiction to Marijuana. Some people may be "addicted" but that is because they may a mental addiction or addictive personality. But I'm pretty sure there is no physical dependency

Actually, I did some research on this in grad school and there are specific receptors in the brain that are stimulated by marijuana and create the desire to want it more. It is a physical addiction in the brain.

great zombie jesus thats the most face punchingly hI-Larious reply i have ever seen in my worthless gun-toting heathen life.

thankyou.

No

Thank YOU

I would think smoking would be a big no-no for horn players anyway. Doesn't it negatively affect one's playing?

Hahaahahaha.

While I don't smoke, nor do I ever plan on it, I don't think smoking of any kind ever affected, I don't know, every jazz musician who's ever lived pretty much. I can also think of a certain machine someone on this board happens to live with who seems to be doing just fine with his playing.........

Not an advocate of any form of drug use (even marijuana)... but I like facts.

Cannabis compound may fight lung cancer

If you're up for the more detailed version...

Cannabinoid receptor CB2 modulates the CXCL12/CXCR4-mediated chemotaxis of T lymphocytes.

I've got all the facts I need right here :)

aghobx.jpg

Actually, I did some research on this in grad school and there are specific receptors in the brain that are stimulated by marijuana and create the desire to want it more. It is a physical addiction in the brain.

I'd like to see your study. Because everyone I have ever read about says no physical addiction or dependency. Again some people have an addictive personality

Edited by OldNumber7

I'd like to see your study. Because everyone I have ever read about says no physical addiction or dependency. Again some people have an addictive personality
Honestly, I don't think I saved the paper I wrote that cited the reference. I remember being quite surprised because I too, thought it was not physically addictive. I'll look around and if I find the paper, I will cite the source for you.

Semantics.

If you roll out of the sack and have to fire up a fatty, you are addicted.

While it is true that addiction is addiction, there is a difference between a physical addiction and a mental addiction. For example, nicotene is physically addictive in that nicotene causes biochemical changes when you smoke and when you crave. An addiction to gambling or shopping on the other hand are examples of purely mental addictions, even though not doing them will cause a chemical reaction from the distress of withdrawal.

While it is true that addiction is addiction, there is a difference between a physical addiction and a mental addiction. For example, nicotene is physically addictive in that nicotene causes biochemical changes when you smoke and when you crave. An addiction to gambling or shopping on the other hand are examples of purely mental addictions, even though not doing them will cause a chemical reaction from the distress of withdrawal.

That's right. It's still addiction however. Mental, physical.............

I read somewhere that nicotene is the most additive substance on earth. More addictive than heroin.

Sugar was on the list too.

That's right. It's still addiction however. Mental, physical.............

I read somewhere that nicotene is the most additive substance on earth. More addictive than heroin.

Sugar was on the list too.

I'm addicted to drum corps. B)

I'm suffering withdrawal! :sshh:

Honestly, I don't think I saved the paper I wrote that cited the reference. I remember being quite surprised because I too, thought it was not physically addictive. I'll look around and if I find the paper, I will cite the source for you.

Maybe the dog ate it!

:P