Managing Memory Loss.................................? Oh Yah

Interesting topic. I think most of us have gotten that feeling of "What? its over already??" but I would attribute that to being in an intense form of concentration. For those 10-13 minutes you live completely in the moment. You are always thinking of the now and the next 4 beats or so. It is a completely forward looking experience. So that which has passed is driven out of short term memory almost immediately.

Anyone concur with this?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an interesting essay out there on the web a few years back - looking at drum corps in terms of the ritual. If you think about it, everything from the cleansing with a shower after rehearsal through linning up at the gate is one big progression. It's all about refining the focus throughout the process, and by the time the corps takes the field they are in a type of trance. The blank stairs may be viewed as intense/focused, etc.

Very interesting concept.

Good thing you weren't the drum major.

Regards,

John Swartz

LMFAO! :spit:

I Remember when I was on the field and right at the count off I felt like everything rushed through in like 10 seconds ....and before I knew it I was marching off the field....I don't believe it was memory loss or just having a plain ol' brain fart.... But I believe it was simply the adrenaline rush. It you really get into the motions and everything....its like time is a whole other situation....weither its time flying or time freezing!

-Bingo