Halftime Magazine (DCI Story)

Halftime magazine (www.halftimemag.com - NOTE: website is still under development) is preparing to print its first-ever magazine publication in July 2007.

As a writer for Halftime magazine, I’m putting together an article profiling last year’s DCI Division I “Top 5” drum and bugle corps for our first publication this summer.

The drum corps activity will be one aspect of this publication and I am the drum corps correspondent.

This first article will feature the Top 5 Division I drum corps from the 2006 DCI World Championships:

1. The Cavaliers

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Bluecoats

5. The Cadets

In addition, I am opening up the opportunity for drum corps staff members, support staff volunteers, member and/or an alumni of these drum corps to participate in an interview with me to be considered for the article.

I’m interested in learning about what makes these Top 5 drum corps unique. We are particularly interested in finding out unique aspects (traditions, inside jokes, special memories, etc.) of each drum corps that we couldn’t find out anywhere else.

...Got a good story or funny episode on tour?

...Want to be included in the inaugural printing of this awesome magazine?

...Even if you didn't march with these drum corps, I will still consider your input.

Email me now for an interview!

Musically,

-=GM=-

Gregory M. Kuzma

DCI Feature Writer

Halftime magazine

An Official Sponsor of the 2007 DCI World Championships

Edited by GMKuzma

Halftime magazine (www.halftimemag.com - NOTE: website is still under development) is preparing to print its first-ever magazine publication in July 2007.

As a writer for Halftime magazine, I’m putting together an article profiling last year’s DCI Division I “Top 5” drum and bugle corps for our first publication this summer.

The drum corps activity will be one aspect of this publication and I am the drum corps correspondent.

This first article will feature the Top 5 Division I drum corps from the 2006 DCI World Championships:

1. The Cavaliers

2. Phantom Regiment

3. Blue Devils

4. Bluecoats

5. The Cadets

In addition, I am opening up the opportunity for drum corps staff members, support staff volunteers, member and/or an alumni of these drum corps to participate in an interview with me to be considered for the article.

I’m interested in learning about what makes these Top 5 drum corps unique. We are particularly interested in finding out unique aspects (traditions, inside jokes, special memories, etc.) of each drum corps that we couldn’t find out anywhere else.

...Got a good story or funny episode on tour?

...Want to be included in the inaugural printing of this awesome magazine?

...Even if you didn't march with these drum corps, I will still consider your input.

Email me now for an interview!

Musically,

-=GM=-

Gregory M. Kuzma

DCI Feature Writer

Halftime magazine

Official Sponsor of the 2007 DCI World Championships

if it can happen before i leave in a week for tour, im down. :)

youre from boca raton too? thats kind of ridiculous, i must say.

Edited by Jared_mello

Hey, GM. We're co-whatevers. I'm working on a short story about marching bands in the movies for the inaugural publication.

if it can happen before i leave in a week for tour, im down. :)

I emailed you some questions...

Good luck with this project GM. There's plenty of room for additional publications addressing the marching world and I hope you guys are able to solidify some strong advertisers.

Does anyone remember the pageantry arts magazine that popped up in the early 1990s? Was it in 1992? I can remember corresponding with one of the publishers. They did a rollout at DCI Championships, too.

I can remember it was pretty slick and tried to serve the marching band and drum corps audiences. Perhaps the environment has changed since that time and this mag will have a better chance.

Anyone remember this?

Good luck with this project GM. There's plenty of room for additional publications addressing the marching world and I hope you guys are able to solidify some strong advertisers.

Does anyone remember the pageantry arts magazine that popped up in the early 1990s? Was it in 1992? I can remember corresponding with one of the publishers. They did a rollout at DCI Championships, too.

I can remember it was pretty slick and tried to serve the marching band and drum corps audiences. Perhaps the environment has changed since that time and this mag will have a better chance.

Anyone remember this?

I remember getting a hold of the first edition of that magazine. I was excited because it was published in Akron, Ohio, only 20 minutes from where I live.

Unfortunately, it didn't survive, but hopefully this one will.

I remember getting a hold of the first edition of that magazine. I was excited because it was published in Akron, Ohio, only 20 minutes from where I live.

Unfortunately, it didn't survive, but hopefully this one will.

Roger that. Was it called "Starting Line" or "Off the Line?" I bet I still have a copy of it around somewhere.

Having the world wide web and forums like DCP might help this new start up get off the ground a little more successfully.

Roger that. Was it called "Starting Line" or "Off the Line?" I bet I still have a copy of it around somewhere.

I vaguely recall hearing about that publication but never saw a copy of it. Too bad, I'm sure it would have been great...

So far, I've got a couple of responses but am still looking for more inputs.

Drop me a line today for an interview today!

Thx, everyone!

Musically,

-=GM=-

Gregory M. Kuzma

DCI Feature Writer

Halftime magazine

An Official Sponsor of the 2007 DCI World Championships