Cure for Cottonmouth?

Cottonmouth can be overcome physically and mentally.

Physically, flatten your tongue and press the flatten tip in the cup of the roof of your mouth HARD! This will force your jaw down and fill the areas below your tongue with saliva.

Mentally, think of something ..... ummmmmmm that tastes good ... to the point you can smell it. Whatever that flavor might be B)

Drain the spit valve back into were it came from. Ok, That is just gross.

And thus! A username is borne!!!

Yuck x 3 (aka yuck, yuck, yuck, aka hardee, har-her)

I do OK as a player.

drink water. :worthy:

We had a big problem with the '83 Colts. They had a tendancy to work the corps really hard and not provide water, although I remember the salt pills they tried to force feed us. Best to just bring your own water I suppose, which we did in Santa Clara. :worthy:

Cottonmouth can be overcome physically and mentally.

Physically, flatten your tongue and press the flatten tip in the cup of the roof of your mouth HARD! This will force your jaw down and fill the areas below your tongue with saliva.

Mentally, think of something ..... ummmmmmm that tastes good ... to the point you can smell it. Whatever that flavor might be B)

This is the best one and it works. If you think of a favorite food or eating a favorite meal you'll be drooling in no time. So I second this one. Caution, it may also make you really hungry.

However, if nerves are at work, you may be too distracted for this to be totally effective, but it should at least help.

Back in the day when I marched, I used to chew GatorGum, made by the Gatorade folks........ it was a sour gum that really made your mouth water. I don't know it it's still available.

Now, if my mouth/throat ever gets dry when announcing a show, Jolly Rancher sour candies do the trick for me. Water or Gatorade helps, too.

Fran