Going to Rochester

Hey, I'm planning on going to Prelims and finals in Rochester and am trying to figure out the Nearest large city airport. Going into Rochester from Denver takes about 10 hours Via Atlanta so I'm looking for an alternative airport. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike Ryan b**bs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked travelocity and I found TONS of flights from Denver to Rochester via Chicago, Philly, NYC, DC .. all between 5 - 7 hours totall ... and alot of thoes are under $300 as well ...

I booked my flights last week from San Francisco to Rochester with layovers in Chicago both ways ... round trip $260 ( thats including flight insurance )

I just checked travelocity and I found TONS of flights from Denver to Rochester via Chicago, Philly, NYC, DC .. all between 5 - 7 hours totall ... and alot of thoes are under $300 as well ...

I booked my flights last week from San Francisco to Rochester with layovers in Chicago both ways ... round trip $260 ( thats including flight insurance )

Thanks for the info! Guess I'm looking on the wrong sites! Great price on the tics!

Not a problem .... as Ive learned now if ya see a great price now ... go for it ...

In years past I remember checking flights and they would be say $250 round trip ... I checked 3 days later and it was $400 ...... I jumped on the cost of my flight this year ... flying with the corps at a group rate last year was $400 ... so tip to all you who fly with a corps to Finals .... if ya can book your own DO IT NOW...

Also upside for me our hotel has FREE shuttle service from the Rochester Airport to the hotel. So no waiting around for an hour for the bus to show up LOL.

JetBlue flies direct into Rochester.

I've flown directly from Rochester to Denver many times, usual through Chicago, never took anywhere near 8 hours. USAirway is the biggest Carrier into Rochester but they can be pricey. Just Check USAirways.com

The next closes big airport is Buffalo, about 70 miles away.

I've flown directly from Rochester to Denver many times, usual through Chicago, never took anywhere near 8 hours. USAirway is the biggest Carrier into Rochester but they can be pricey. Just Check USAirways.com

The next closes big airport is Buffalo, about 70 miles away.

I've flown in/out of Rochester many times. Its a decent sized airport and newly renovated. However, as with most non major airports, you can only fly 'direct' to one or other of the airlines hubs (Atlanta for Delta, Chicago for American, NY for Continental etc).

By the way....when you fly 'thru' Chicago its not really a direct flight from Roch to Denver. Had to get you on that little irrelevent technicality.

Last year I flew into Buffalo and its a nice easy drive to Rochester. If you have time you can take a detour out to see Niagra Falls only like 30 minutes from the airport or so from my memory.

This year I'm going directly into Rochester since it was a little bit cheaper for me than Buffalo and closer too :)