Using Doctor Beats With Custom Sound

Do they have to always sound like someone is banging a train track rail at 200 bpm?

The sound in it's current state is way too disruptive.

Mom

I like to describe it as a hammer hitting an anvil...over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

However, it DOES cut through to be heard...so I suppose its useful.

But stand through a 2 hour ensemble practice with it blaring away directly behind you and you wanna take the ###### thing and demolish it.

one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and.

Did you guys know that Dr. Beat is actually a woman? I bet some of you just assumed that it was a man because it was a doctor. Sexists. She has a pretty annoying voice, too.

Edited by TSRTS13

Our high school director was funny - ihe would wait for a Freshman to complain about the Dr. Beat, then he would put it on the voice that yells out the counts...10 times more annoying. I will say that the counts can be helpful when you are breaking down and learning a new visual.

I wish there was a cat meow sound!! :)

one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and.

Did you guys know that Dr. Beat is actually a woman? I bet some of you just assumed that it was a man because it was a doctor. Sexists. She has a pretty annoying voice, too.

This post just brought back very fond memories of messing around with Dr. Beat during percussion practice when I was in high school.

Dr. Beat in surround sound can be soooo annoying. Haha.:worthy:

In reply to the original poster, I would imagine with a little technical know-how you could work something out. Get a snare drum sound, or a moo or something.

Our high school director was funny - ihe would wait for a Freshman to complain about the Dr. Beat, then he would put it on the voice that yells out the counts...10 times more annoying. I will say that the counts can be helpful when you are breaking down and learning a new visual.

oh god ...

the voice

:worthy: