Anyone else see that Colts have Euphs?

Looks like th colts are layering the brassline. They have added I think 8 Euphs to there line. I cant wait to hear them. Do you think this will help them this year?

Edited by dcf06

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my recent mailing that I received, the Colts have identified their needs to take that next step up and I for one believe it is the correct changes and have given 500.00 to help that cause. CALLING ALL ALUMNI, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There isn't a Colt alumni out there that can't send even 1.00. Come on people, it takes cash to compete at the top 12.

From my recent mailing that I received, the Colts have identified their needs to take that next step up and I for one believe it is the correct changes and have given 500.00 to help that cause. CALLING ALL ALUMNI, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There isn't a Colt alumni out there that can't send even 1.00. Come on people, it takes cash to compete at the top 12.

Yeah.....Just ask Magic ^0^

Yeah.....Just ask Magic ^0^

Not funny. Not even a little bit. Maybe if you had spent a summer in those kids' shoes you would have more respect for what they put up with. I am thankful every day for the great care that my corps took of me, and you should be, too.

I am already partially sponsoring an ageout mellophone player so you needn't look at me. As far as needing cash to compete in the top 12, it's a matter of talent and heart. Sure equipment and uniforms are nice, but if you put the Cavaliers in trashbags held together with green duct tape, they'd probably still take first on talent. Colts have always had the heart and the talent is becoming more and more noticable than it ever was in the past.

As far as the Euphs go, I am stoked to finally see this talented line get some big guns so to speak. It will certainly help with the low brass presence (not that there's anything wrong with it). Should be a great year once again.

Edited by dciguy01

Sure epquipment and uniforms are nice, but if you put the Cavaliers in trashbags held together with green duct tape, they'd probably still take first on talent.

If they didn't pass out mid-show... :P

On topic, though. Good luck colts! Sounds like you guys will have a kickin' hornline this year, and I'm excited to see you!

I know there were a LOT of talented participants in Magic, Capital Regiment and Esperanza. With no money you DON'T compete. Plain and simple. Take a close look at top 12 budgets and then look at the next twelve and see what you get. Give every corps the exact same budget and I bet there are some major changes in the way DCI looks today. Thank you for sponsoring partially or even 2.00 ANY member of any corps. I wish more reminiscent members were even remotely generous. Not saying there aren't, as my 500 is petty cash, compared to a lot of donators. If you want to compete it does cost. I would love to know the Cavie budget compared to the Colts. As far as talent, a lot of talent goes to succesfull corps and that keeps corps successfull, but if those corps had trouble feeding them or busing them to competitions, I guarantee there would be a BIG problem keeping that talent there. As far as the Euphs, have heard the corps as a whole and am very impressed this early, but once the season starts its entirely up to the judges to decide. As for me I loved EVERY corps out there last year, all the way down to last place in D3. See you guys this summer.........

Sounds like they're going for power at the low end. Good luck to them, and all the best. :)

I'm waiting for the "DCI-is-evil" part of this thread to start.

DCI is evil? Not from me. They are doing what they can for all corps. I am just stating the obvious, that it does take money to win. Colts don't get new Euphs without some cash. No DCI bashing from me.