Three favorite Madison hornlines

Boerma took over as "head" arranger in 1989, in 1988 he did do a large number of rewrites though.

My (idiot rookie frontline) memory is that John arranged the opener and ballad in '88, and Scott did the closer.

I will say that John did a GREAT job, both with arranging and perfecting the Alumni Corps, and I am very excited to see the boys this summer!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see the 2001 line get some attention. Way underrated if you ask me. Best I have seen live to date.

I would also add 95 and 99 to that with an honorable mention to 03.

This is an oldie but a goodie, but somewhat under appreciated IMO. 1978. Maybe not the best technically, and the 2nd half of the show dropped off (some might snicker when the Bee Gees break out), but those sops just screamed in Malaguena and God Bless the Child. That was the 1st year for Malaquena if I remember right. If you've never heard it before, dust off your Season Pass or CD/DVD.

This is an oldie but a goodie, but somewhat under appreciated IMO. 1978. Maybe not the best technically, and the 2nd half of the show dropped off (some might snicker when the Bee Gees break out), but those sops just screamed in Malaguena and God Bless the Child. That was the 1st year for Malaquena if I remember right. If you've never heard it before, dust off your Season Pass or CD/DVD.

It was the first"modern" use of Malaguena, previous to that Scouts had played it in 62 I believe.

Yeah, the '78 hornline had great talent top to bottom and probably rivaled the talent levals of the '73-'76 lines.

But, if I must to choose three, they are: 1975, 1981 and 1995.

1) 95

2) 75

3) 01

3a) MSARP 06