The ten most annoying moments in DCI history

Your band director should purchase this year's "Countdown". Your fellow classmates will then be technically correct in their adoration of trumpet and tuba marching bands.

Personally, I dont give a #### if the kids watch 1977 or 2007, if they enjoy it, and appreciate it, mission accomplished. Its a pretty minor thing to complain about, considering the kids dont know any better. Shame on them for their untainted, pure, joyous response to their first viewing of the activity...its much better to be jaded ######## like us... :blush:

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Boston and Crown marching out together to do an encore knowing that a fight may start. Honestly, what's with the whole Crown-Boston thing? Or is that just how Boston is with everyone?

Your band director should purchase this year's "Countdown". Your fellow classmates will then be technically correct in their adoration of trumpet and tuba marching bands.

AMEN after all it's MBI now. :blush:

Watching Boston and Crown marching out together to do an encore knowing that a fight may start. Honestly, what's with the whole Crown-Boston thing? Or is that just how Boston is with everyone?

In my 3 or 4 years being closely involved with corps, I've only personally been a part of one really nasty boston incident. Other than that...they seem pretty cool i guess....

Having to sing Mickey Mouse was pretty freakin' annoying.

In my 3 or 4 years being closely involved with corps, I've only personally been a part of one really nasty boston incident. Other than that...they seem pretty cool i guess....

What, is it common knowledge that Boston goes around and fights people? Someone, please explain.

What, is it common knowledge that Boston goes around and fights people? Someone, please explain.

They have a rep for being somewhat aggressive - however, Im not going to spread rumors, since I dont really have much firsthand info. I'd rather not be the one to get the ball rolling on this one... :blush:

A guy I know that marched Boston back in the early 90's has some pretty funny stories about Boston fighting wrestling teams, other corps, etc. Back then they were (generally) a whole bunch of inner city Boston kids that played sports in the off-season and just did drum corps for fun. They've changed a lot now, mellowed out a lot, though they still try to project that whole "###### Boston' image at times.

Whatever year it was that"person" yelled out during a very beautiful moment during Phantom Regiment's show, "Judges are you watching"? :tongue:

And any other time any other "person" (I'm trying not to resort to name calling), who decides to yell out stupid thoughts during important moments of shows. Here's a thought..."SHUT UP! It isn't cool, smart or funny". <**> It's just plain old RUDE!

But hey, they made it onto the recordings! :blush:

Add to that amplified narration, any show, and those are my top two pet peeves.

One more (and I'll probably get flamed for this one). I think it was Cadets in 2001, with one guard member just spinning away during retreat. I guess it was supposed to be artistic, but for me it was just "calling attention to what a cool idea this is" annoying.