New Home for DCI

Where is the RCA Dome in relation to what we are seeing?

North about 4 or 5 blocks. Check out Google Earth-Type in RCA Dome, Indianapolis and mouse your way South. You'll see the i with the note for the Lucas Oil Stadium site.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad there isn't a corps in Indi..........any rumors?

There is a corps in Indy right now. According to the Blue Stars website, they are having their move-in camp at Ben Davis H.S. in Indy.

We're moving the World Championships to Indianapolis?

Geez, nobody ever tells me anything.

Yep...where have you been? :ph34r:

Stadiums are always over budget, for example: Toronto Skydome, original budget $350,000,000.00 CDN. came in at

$550,000,000.00 CDN.

It was sold to Rogers Communications owners of the Toronto Blue Jays for.....are you ready for this? Sold by the Ontario Government for $ 25,000,000.00 !!!!!

That's $ 525,000,000.00CDN less than what the Taxpayers of Ontario paid to have it built !!!!

Boy are the politicians in this province ever shrewd businessmen. They actually thought they made a good deal. :huh2::huh:

But doesn't that work out to be only $1? :ph34r:

Well the way the Canadian dollar is going these days, our money will be at par with yours by the time the drum corps season starts !!!! :ph34r: b**bs :huh2: b**bs :huh2: b**bs

Edited by ODBC

Yep...where have you been? :huh2:

He's been in Da Region, which is hardly Indiana anyways. I forgive him.

If he only followed drum corps a little more closely. :ph34r::ph34r:

He's been in Da Region, which is hardly Indiana anyways. I forgive him.

If he only followed drum corps a little more closely. :ph34r::huh2:

Whoa, buster. We ARE Indiana, and so much more. We're also Chicago...not Illinois, but Chicago. We get Chicago newspapers, radio and TV, but we don't have to suffer the effects of Illinois or Chicago politicians. We also have steel mills that create a beautiful shade of reddish-brown haze that paints the horizon with autumnal hues. Let's see Indy lay claim to that free aesthetic make-over. And being next to Chicago, but in Indiana, we get to choose rooting for da' Bears or the Colts and can change our allegiances on a dime and feel good about ourselves in the process. And we don't have to drive through Chicago to get to ten years of DCI World Championships. The downside is we do have to drive Interstate 65 (but so do Chicagoans) to get to Indy. I-65 is slightly more exciting than watching a documentary on the history of lint.

We also have steel mills that create a beautiful shade of reddish-brown haze that paints the horizon with autumnal hues.

The only State in the Union that could turn air pollution into a scenic asset ...

I worry about the retractable roof and the 10 year deal

Kind of makes me giggle though, all that talk of prefect brass sounds and then they sign up for 10 years in what could be an echo chamber

If it’s anything like Montreal in 81, oh my

hope it works

I worry about the retractable roof and the 10 year deal

Kind of makes me giggle though, all that talk of prefect brass sounds and then they sign up for 10 years in what could be an echo chamber

If it’s anything like Montreal in 81, oh my

hope it works

Considering how few times it has ever rained at Finals, I think they'll be fine. I'm willing to bet that at least 8 out of the 10 years, the roof will be open.